CFN has us ranked #15 this week

ray233

CFN saw enough of Nebraska in last Saturday's loss to Virginia Tech to move us up eight spots in their weekly rankings.

15. Nebraska 2-1

Last Week: L, at Virginia Tech 16-15

This Week: Louisiana-Lafayette

Why the ranking is too high: In his first big game, QB Zac Lee sputtered and struggled. There were several chances to put Virginia Tech away, and Lee and the Husker offense didn't do it. The attack will have to be far more efficient to beat Missouri and Texas Tech in the next few weeks.

Why the ranking is too low: It took a miracle for Virginia Tech to win at home. With the way the run defense played, the Huskers might be the better team and probably deserves to be in the top ten. A win over Missouri in Columbia on October 8 will bring that respect.

CFN's complete Big12 rankings after Week 3:

Texas: #2

Missouri: #13

Nebraska: #15

Oklahoma: #20

Oklahoma St: #23

Kansas: #26

Texas Tech: #29

Baylor: #51

Texas A&M: #64

Iowa St: #75

Colorado: #76

Kansas St: #102

This week we're ahead of USC, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Georgia.

We started off in their preseason rankings at #17, but after the game against FAU, we dropped out of the Top 25 to #26. The following week, after beating up on Arkansas State, we moved back into the Top 25 to the #23 spot. Last week after showing up big for 58 minutes, we handed it over to Virginia Tech at the end in a tough loss, and leapfrogged to the #15 spot.

CFN could have dropped us a couple of spots or left us alone in the rankings at that point, but I think they saw the story that was much deeper than the final score indicated. I think they saw a team that played nowhere near potential on one side of the ball, and still almost came up with a huge road win. If we can start getting out of our own way, we have the talent to win out. If this team continues to get better and find some consistency....we will be in every game.

We have a lot of inexperienced but key players on the field. Don't forget how many players were starting in their first big game, including:

• Zac Lee
  • Ricky Henry
  • Curenski Gilleylen
  • Jared Crick
  • Will Compton
  • Sean Fisher
  • Prince Amukamara

Get your cups out!

:koolaid2:

LINK

For entertainment purposes only. Mail-in a copy of this inside information along with 99 cents to redeem your free dollar.

While flattering, I haven't seen much from CFN that makes me have much respect for them. Their recruit rankings leave lots to be desired, and their polls are... odd.

In their defense, I think the recruiting stuff is still all Scout.com. Before they partnered up, I don't think CFN had any ties to recruiting info.