Husker Power Last Night

The wife and I went to the game and it was awesome! I loved how the crowd booed the penalty and then when they replayed it later during the "hits of the game!" the crowd booed again. :lol: It was a B.S. penalty, but that's neither here nor there.

Yep. Bo was on the sidelines talking to the refs and he must have said "pick it up" about ten times. The replay clearly showed the guy catching the ball with our guy almost FOUR YARDS away. Horrible call that when the refs review their game they'll get downgraded on. I think they were swayed by the severity of the hit. That was one of the best special teams hits we've seen in a LONG time.

We're coming back. :hellloooo:restore

How about the kickoff return that our guy blew their guy up on!? Holy hell that was in my corner of the stadium and that hit was LOUD!!! :clap

i think that hit on the kickoff return was better than on the punt, guy absoleutly demolished him, he just went completely limp, definately the best hitting game ive noticed this year.

Had a great shot at this a well. I looked away in horror when it happened because I thought the guy might have died. :hellloooo

I thought that call was for helmet to helmet? I was in the stadium and couldn't hear it but thats what I was told later. If it was catch interference they TOTALLY blew that one and deserve to get downgraded.

The ref called fair catch interference. The fans probably couldn't hear him because they were (justifiably) booing so loudly. It was a badly blown call.

I thought that call was for helmet to helmet? I was in the stadium and couldn't hear it but thats what I was told later. If it was catch interference they TOTALLY blew that one and deserve to get downgraded.

The ref called fair catch interference. The fans probably couldn't hear him because they were (justifiably) booing so loudly. It was a badly blown call.

I was listening to the game and on that call I distinctly remember the ref saying it was a personal foul...helmet to helmet contact. Then the announcers went on about how they are calling things like that more. But the call was helmet to helmet.

I was listening to the game and on that call I distinctly remember the ref saying it was a personal foul...helmet to helmet contact. Then the announcers went on about how they are calling things like that more. But the call was helmet to helmet.

It was helmet to helmet... even from the stands you could see it. But I think calling that penalty should only be done if somebody doesnt get up. Its football... the players should be thankful they get helmets as the origin of our game came from rugby, and those guys only wear a cup... and their uniforms.

Not sure where you heard that. The TV announcers went on and on about how he wasn't anywhere near the halo violation, and they even showed a slo-mo of the play and showed how far away he was from the receiver. I may have been distracted by beer and conversation, so you could be right, but I was pretty sure they said it was a personal foul, interference with the ability to catch the ball. Since the halo violation is a 15-yarder as well, it seemed like the call they were making.

Not sure where you heard that. The TV announcers went on and on about how he wasn't anywhere near the halo violation, and they even showed a slo-mo of the play and showed how far away he was from the receiver. I may have been distracted by beer and conversation, so you could be right, but I was pretty sure they said it was a personal foul, interference with the ability to catch the ball. Since the halo violation is a 15-yarder as well, it seemed like the call they were making.

I was listening on huskers.com. They had a stream going so I could listen to the game...I think one guy is the dude from Big Red Wrap Up. The older dude...can't remember his name. So I didn't get to see it which is totally different...usually you can tell more by actually seeing the play. But when the ref made the call I am almost positive I heard him say helmet to helmet, but lol the crowd was making it very difficult to hear. I saw the highlight of that hit though and if it was catch interference then that is just an awful call. Really the helmet to helmet call didn't look like it was a very good call either. Looked like he led with his shoulders. Then after the play the announcers were talking about helmet to helmet and how it didn't look like it, but the refs are really calling those now for safety reasons.