BREAKING: Twitter Killing TTech

Husker_x

TT doesn't have a kicker that can make it past 40yards. So no one can say it was a bad call for them to go for it, because it was their ONLY call!

Very true. Wasn't it Texas Tech who had a Kicker tryout for the team last year? I think it was some student who ended up taking over the responsibilities for kicking field goals.

I think their kicker won some contest but I may be wrong

That's the guy. I'm amazed that captain Leach didn't try to rectify the kicking situation in the off season. I guess it just goes to show that you can't tell a pirate anything they don't want to hear. Aaaaaarg! :duel

The 4th down play that I hope people are referring to is the one with about 11:00 to play in the game where it was 4th and Goal from the 1. If Tech kicked the ball there that would have put them up 8 instead they went for it and the rest is history. I’m sorry but using the kicker excuse doesn’t work in this case. It would have been shorter then an extra point. I guess though they could have just stopped Houston from driving 95 yards for the winning score.

Brandon Carter has been reinstated

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) -- Texas Tech team captain Brandon Carter is back from his suspension for violating team rules.

Tech spokeman Chris Cook says the guard practiced Sunday for the first time in more than a week.

Tech hasn't released details of what led to the suspension. The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal reported that Carter threw his helmet and loudly criticized coaches after a Sept. 19 loss at Houston, but Cook told The Associated Press on Monday he couldn't confirm that report.

Carter was one of the Tech players who had a Twitter page before coach Mike Leach banned them, but the suspension was unrelated.

Tech beat New Mexico 48-28 last weekend and faces Kansas State at home Saturday.

I can't wait to see the stupid look on Mike Leach's face after we kick his teams a$$ in Lincoln

um.....well he will put his eye patch on like this below.

mikeleach-pirate.jpg

and sail back to his ridiculous parking place back in lubbock

to scheme on how to save the sinking ship that is his 2009 season.

• 2 weeks later...