BREAKING: Twitter Killing TTech

Husker_x

Texas Tech had a bad day on Saturday, dropping a 29-28 heartbreaker to Houston for its second consecutive loss. But it had a downright weird day on Sunday,with one of its best players being suspended indefinitely and announcing that suspension via Twitter, and another senior leader turning to Twitter to rip the football program and head coach Mike Leach.

Tech offensive lineman Brandon Carter tweeted on Sunday, "I am not a captain anymore and will not be playing this week. Good luck red raiders ill still be cheering on my family from the stands!!:)" Carter appears to have deleted his Twitter account (@BCSLAM) after that, but not before the Lubbock Avalanche Journal noted the tweet and the suspension, which has been confirmed by the Tech athletic department.

That's not the only Twitter issue Tech had this weekend. Linebacker Marlon Williams, who posts on Twitter @Kos39, tweeted on Sunday afternoon, "Wondering why I'm still in this meeting room when the head coach can't even be on time to his on meeting." In a previous tweet shortly after the loss to Houston, Williams had gotten out his frustration by writing, "WTF I can't believe what happened man my senior season isn't goin anything like what I busted my azz for .... New week now F$&@"

It's not clear why Carter was suspended, and it's not clear whether Williams' complaint about Leach being late to a meeting is representative of any larger issue the players have with Leach. But it's probably safe to say that if Texas Tech doesn't already have a social media policy, one will be coming this week.

LINK

------

Sounds like the Red Raiders have some issues.

Mike Leach has banned his players from Twitter

ESPN.com

LUBBOCK, Texas -- Tweeting is out of bounds for football players at Texas Tech.

Red Raiders coach Mike Leach said Monday he's banning his players from having Twitter accounts a day after one of his players tweeted that the coach was late for a meeting.

The move comes following Saturday night's 29-28 loss to No. 12 Houston, and an earlier tweet that led to the suspension of another player.

According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, linebacker Marlon Williams asked on his Twitter feed why he was still in a meeting room when "the head coach can't even be on time." That tweet has been deleted.

Offensive lineman Brandon Carter also had a Twitter account. After the loss to the Cougars, he tweeted: "This is not how I saw our season."

Carter was suspended indefinitely Sunday for violating team rules, and his Twitter page was nowhere to be found.

Its one thing for fans to question the playcall of your coaches, but its another for your players to question the playcall of your coaches.

Apparently after the heartbreaker against Houston, with a 5 point lead, some people questioned the 4th down go for it that Leach did and did not get. Some fans, and players, were asking why didnt we kick it? We would have still been up if they had scored.

So yes, there are some problems down there in TTU land.

Its one thing for fans to question the playcall of your coaches, but its another for your players to question the playcall of your coaches.

Apparently after the heartbreaker against Houston, with a 5 point lead, some people questioned the 4th down go for it that Leach did and did not get. Some fans, and players, were asking why didnt we kick it? We would have still been up if they had scored.

So yes, there are some problems down there in TTU land.

Some Husker fans would be doing the same thing if Bo would've went for it on 4th and 1 during the VT game and we didn't get the first down, Husker fans would be like "Why didn't he just punt the ball"?

It sounds like Texas Tech is facing the same problem that Nebraska did back in 07.....the players doubting the coaches and the playcalling. It'll be interesting to watch how TT handles this in Lincoln.

TT doesn't have a kicker that can make it past 40yards. So no one can say it was a bad call for them to go for it, because it was their ONLY call!

Very true. Wasn't it Texas Tech who had a Kicker tryout for the team last year? I think it was some student who ended up taking over the responsibilities for kicking field goals.

TT doesn't have a kicker that can make it past 40yards. So no one can say it was a bad call for them to go for it, because it was their ONLY call!

Very true. Wasn't it Texas Tech who had a Kicker tryout for the team last year? I think it was some student who ended up taking over the responsibilities for kicking field goals.

I think their kicker won some contest but I may be wrong