#10 Nebraska at Oklahoma, Wednesday 9/30/2009

Yeah, the OU womens basketball team embarrassed themselves and their school on national TV. I was surprised they were allowed to behave that way for so long.

I disagree in that the school was no hurry to get the OU B-Ball players out of the the NU players ears.

This is true. Let me re-phrase that to say, it SHOULD have been an embarrassment to the players and the school.

The match is being replayed on ESPNU tomorrow afternoon, 1pm CT (I think).

OU is pretty bush league for letting the nappy headed ones yell in the ears of the NU players at such close distances.

No joke, dude. That was BS how they were letting their fans form almost a semi-circle around our servers. I'm glad they made them stop at the beginning of the 5th set... but they should've done it sooner.

But that was a nice, gutty win. I was really proud the way they fought back in that 4th set, even though they lost. That was a lot different than a week ago. Maybe they're starting to figure things out a little bit. I dunno, but this will be good for their confidence.

Edit: One more thing I though of... Isn't there supposed to be a coach's box or something? Or not? Because OU's coach was practically standing on the court the whole match.

And it wasn't just fans - it was the OU womens basketball team, and their coach was in the stands.

Yeah, that's even worse. I'm glad we won and shut those idiots up. I was so pissed that when we scored that last point I yelled "SUCK IT, GOONERS!" at my TV. And since there was no one else around I had to give myself a high-five.

God, I'm so freakin' awesome.

I hope they try to censure Cook for disclosing that those two officials are gone. The Coliseum would go absolutely ballistic the rest of the season if they take action on him. If people think that place is noisy now, imagine what it'll be like then.

Our fans will still be polite, but they will be felt.

10/24/09 - OU comes to the Coliseum. Bring your ear plugs. =)

Link

Big 12: OU volleyball heckling matter is closed

October 12, 2009 6:15 PM ET

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - The Big 12 Conference says it has addressed Nebraska's concerns about the volleyball environment at Oklahoma and considers the matter closed.

Nebraska coach John Cook complained publicly last week about excessive heckling by Oklahoma fans, including members of the women's basketball team, during a Sept. 30 match. Cook said Nebraska servers were taunted viciously from extremely close proximity.

Big 12 spokesman Bob Burda said Monday the matter was addressed "internally" with OU's athletics administration.

There was a change in arena setup for last week's Iowa State match in Norman, Okla. Students were not allowed to sit in the front row, as they were during the Nebraska match.

:spooners

• 5 weeks later...

After reflecting on it, I agree that a suspension was sufficient; the refs should have taken control of the incident and did not do that, but I'm not sure it was a fireable offense. They will be more prepared with consequences if it happens again.

The league was pretty tight-lipped on how they dealt with it, but OU made some changes to help prevent a reoccurrence. Surprising that no one at OU took action while it was occurring, but that's Oklahoma for you. :-)