Some of the older fans...

jjamuss

What a great post! My Mom & I have our "Annual Mother-Daughter Football Weekend" every year. Mom turned 78 in February, has had both knees replaced, rotator cuff surgery, but you should see her go up those ramps on game day! She tells of the days of getting the "knot hole tickets" that cost 10 cents. She will stand and yell, do "the wave", and yell until she can't talk! She might even take a sip of an adult beverage if we stop at a Huskerboard tailgate! Every year I wonder if it'll be the last game that she'll be able to go to, but she hangs in there! I got tickets for the Iowa St game, so this will be our 8th annual game! Thanks for reminding us all about our older generation! Go Big Red!

Im just curious cuz im in Toledo....where in ohio are u?

They're the people who started the sellout streak and built our reputation.

Yes, it would be nice to have more noise and craziness, but I sometime worry that our tradition of good behavior and class will be lost when the older folks quit attending games.

We don't quit attending games until we leave for that Big RED Stadium in the sky and join Coach Davaney, Brooke, and all the rest of Husker Nation who now always have a perfect seat for every game.

T_O_B

:nanalama

I'm glad you had a good time talking with them! I hope everyone who complains about not everyone standing the whole game reads this...

Another thought.. do you think the number of actual season ticket holders in attendance was close to an all-time high being the 300th sellout? And as someone mentioned awhile ago (about having a separate 'older' section), maybe the next time we expand the new box seats go to some longtime season ticket holders? (more elevators, less stairs, AC/heat, etc)

the attendance at the 300th was a record! 86304, I think.

And I think there should be a pecking order... having just got my own season tickets a few years ago, I am at the top of the stadium, although I am blessed to know someone who sells me his seats in the West stadium, where I met Don and Susie.

Who you calling "old" you whipper snapper!

I'll have you know, I've been knocked over, stomped on and laughed at by more Nebraska "legends" than you can ever remember!

Heck...Bill Callahan told me to get out of his way once. How's THAT for knowing all there is to know about Husker football!

You punks...always standing up in my way, being all excited and stuff...Why, I'll sink all of you like a 3-foot putt I will... :angry:

This 53-year-old has been going to games for the most part for over 40 years. Unfortunately, my 85-year-old father can't go anymore. The ramp is too much for him, and he has some other issues that I won't share with you. I've seen them all: Johnny "The Jet" Rodgers, Rich Glover, Willie Harper, John Dutton(sp?), Mike Rozier, Irving Fryer, Turner Gill, etc.

My fondest memory was actually an away game with my mother, father and sister in Lawrence, KS in 1970. This was Bob Devaney's first N.C. team. We got a quick 10-0 lead over the Jayhawks in the first half, but Kansas stormed back with lighting-fast 20 points. The Kansas fans were going wild, while us Husker fans were in deep shock. After the last KU touchdown, I thought our great season was crashing down. But something happened. The first offensive play, after the last T.D., on our 20, OB Van Brownson threw a bomb to Guy "The Fly" Ingles, who had beaten a faster DB for a 80-yard touchdown. Man did that turn the game around. We took a 24-20 half-time lead and went on to win 41-20. That play has to rank as one of the biggest game changers in Husker history.