Missouri Gave Up

I know it is extremely unlikely, but I was absolutely amazed with 3 timeouts and down by 2 scores that Missouri didn't take a shot at the endzone and then try and recover an onside kick and throw another hail mary.

The clock looked like it was at 24 seconds when Missouri decided to pack it in and not even try. If I was a Missouri player I would be embarassed about my coaches skipping out on the chance to even try.

I don't like to say anything about too many coaches, especially when one had owned a series record, but after watching them in the KU/MU game last year, and in this game, I think the urban legend "Pinkel factor" may actually have steam.

Then again, I still think Pelini should have gone for it on 4th & 1 at the VT 37 and hope to milk the clock for the win and potential 5-0 start and potential top 10 - 15 ranking... so I can't say we're immune from the questionable HC call from time to time. The difference is that we have a second year coach still learning, versus a HC who has been around the same team for nearly a decade.