WR Anthony Jones

Player: Anthony Jones

Hometown: Tallahassee, FL

Position: WR

Height: 6’0”

Weight: 169

40 time: 4.57

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Over 10 including: Nebraska, Florida State, Texas, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Illinois, Tennessee

Favorites: Tennessee, Nebraska and Alabama

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report: NR/ :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Great athlete. Can burn you on a go pattern or take the five yard hitch and then dance threw the defense to a 60 yard jaunt. Had over a 1,000 yards receiving and a dozen TD’s.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20% Nebraska coaches Ted Gilmore and Randy Jordan are the two Husker coaches that are recruiting Jones. He has been a fan of Nebraska for some time. He claims Nebraska as one of his leaders and has already visited in June.

On tape he does look faster than 4.56. I think more in the 4.4 range. He would almost have to be at his size, but he is EXTREMEMLY ellusive. He is the kind of guy who can break a bubble screen 60 yards for the TD. With all of the bigger possesion guys we are adding or looking to add, we need a guy like this to turn the short passing game into a potent weapon.

Anthony said he ran the 4.56 with a bad hamstring. He says he was timed at 4.38 last year.

From my experiences, what a kid "says" he can run and what he actually can run can be at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Both of the private services(Rivals and Scout) have his time recorded from certain combines in which coaches or trainers have his time recorded. More professional so to say and both of them have him at a 4.57.

• 2 weeks later...
On tape he does look faster than 4.56. I think more in the 4.4 range. He would almost have to be at his size, but he is EXTREMEMLY ellusive. He is the kind of guy who can break a bubble screen 60 yards for the TD. With all of the bigger possesion guys we are adding or looking to add, we need a guy like this to turn the short passing game into a potent weapon.

Hi, I'm Frantz Hardy ;)....jk...but I have a feeling that he fits the profile of the elusive reciever that we need...besides he is faster than jones.

• 2 weeks later...