What advice would you offer Callahan??

Answer to the original question: "What advice would you offer Callahan??"--

How about, do me a favor and quit.  :thumbs

I dont care for Sipple much, but he makes some great points with this article, billy c. just doesnt get it. 

Nice to see that CU had big problems with drops by their WRs last year. What every happened to their WR coach?????  :sarcasm

Another spectacular hire by billy c.  :bang

Corrected it for you.

I am sure that Ted Gilmore appreciates the flush down the drain before coaching his first game as a Husker. You are so warm and fuzzy it's unbelievable. :sarcasm

Sipple is an idiot

:yeah

I didnt know that coaches had to teach wide receivers how to catch at the college level. One would assume that that particular skill was allready possessed by the time they played division one college football, since most little leaguers can. I figured route running, body positioning, and so forth were more of the receiver coach's job, but I bow to your football wisdom.

I didnt know that coaches had to teach wide receivers how to catch at the college level. One would assume that that particular skill was allready possessed by the time they played division one college football, since most little leaguers can. I figured route running, body positioning, and so forth were more of the receiver coach's job, but I bow to your football wisdom.

No, dude, you got it all wrong. These kids have never played football. The coach basically has to teach them how to put their pads and helmets on too. :sarcasm

I would say it was coaching if, say, the WR's were trying to catch the ball with their elbows. Then maybe the coach should step in an show him how to use his hands. :sarcasm

It is always the coaches with some people around here. The players are never held accountable for bad plays. You know the WR's never dropped passes under Ron Brown or Turner Gill :wacko: it just started once Gilmore got to Nebraska.

StuckinChicago Posted on Jul 19 2005, 12:15 PM

some guys that play reciever in college didnt play that position previously, sooooo that would be part of their job description, about every living person has the ability to catch a football, its just the coaches job to improve on their skills, per say the inability to catch the ball on a "division one college football" level. just part of the job description man, thus the "recievers coach" title they bear. fact is whether its the coaches fault or not if your recievers dont catch, its his responsiblity. as far as BC goes if he listened to every ass wipe in the media he probably would have ate a bullet long before he got here, he's gonna do his thing and we're gonna have to hope it works.

Blaming a receivers coach for receivers not catching balls is like blaming a quarterbacks coach for having a quarterback that cant throw. Being able to catch the ball is why these guys are receivers and not defensive backs. If you have to worry about doing anything more than saying catch the ball with your hands and not your facemask in order to get these guys to catch the ball, than man do you have some horrible wide receivers, and lack of talent cannot be blamed on the coach.

Blaming a receivers coach for receivers not catching balls is like blaming a quarterbacks coach for having a quarterback that cant throw. Being able to catch the ball is why these guys are receivers and not defensive backs. If you have to worry about doing anything more than saying catch the ball with your hands and not your facemask in order to get these guys to catch the ball, than man do you have some horrible wide receivers, and lack of talent cannot be blamed on the coach.

So are you saying that either coaches dont have the ability to develop a players skills, or they dont have the responsibilty to do so??

I thought that a major part of coaching was developing your players skills to their max, like having them consistently run certain drills that build on their talents. The players dont do it ALL on their own without any help from the coaches.

I dont seem to remember all that many dropped passes last year, and this discussion was about colorado. I do seem to remember a whole lot of overthrowing, underthrowing, throwing to the covered receiver while another has no one within ten yards of him. Throwing to the other team. I think the only consistent factor in most of the mistakes last year was in the whole throwing department, but they probably didnt run any passing drills, did they former?

I dont seem to remember all that many dropped passes last year, and this discussion was about colorado. I do seem to remember a whole lot of overthrowing, underthrowing, throwing to the covered receiver while another has no one within ten yards of him. Throwing to the other team. I think the only consistent factor in most of the mistakes last year was in the whole throwing department, but they probably didnt run any passing drills, did they former?

Who knows :wtf this staff does, because it doesnt seem like they get their team ready to play, does it??