Texas Tech game will leave no excuses for Lee

Zerotide

I love Husker football... Makes me want to run thru walls and act like I eat steroids and human spleens for a balanced diet... Lots of good points on this post, I think someone (god bless 'em) nailed it when they said that Zac Taylor said he hadn't 'clicked' until mid-season... I remember those seasons, that's accurate. Now, we had a more experienced group offensively back then to help him thru that ratcheting, spinning, missing, first part of his season which equated in bigger wins, so... I'm thinking maybe ol' Mr. Lee comes alive soon. You watch boys, I think these kids have a better belief and understanding of how these games can go... Jeez, I can remember alot of years that if the opponent managed to score FIRST on our Huskers, it was pretty much over... Now, there was a lot of reasons for that but phsychologically (good LORD, is THAT how that's spelled??? That's my best guess...) THESE husker players have an advantage over some of the teams of old in that, they NOW KNOW that it's possible to COME BACK and win as long as your defense has kept you in the game. They learned that from the VT game (arrrrgggghhhhh, where's my nitro...???) and they learned that in this last MU game. Good lessons... I think if Zac Lee goes ahead and grows some mutton chop sideburns (I know, I know, his ol' lady is gonna complain about them...) and keeps playing like he's the lead singer from Motorhead, he'll bring this stuff around. (And yes, that WAS a reference to heavy metal, and yes, I'm ALMOST too old to listen to that stuff nowadays... ALLLLLmost...) GO BIG RED!

If you really believe Lee didn't play well your crazy, how many picks did he throw 0. How many points did he score 21. Lee will start the entire season unless there is an injury. How many games has Lee lost because of his mistake 0. So if we would have had Gabbert here you saw what would have happened. Your argument will be that Cody would have started over him, but Cody wouldn't be here. You haters are ridiculous, the kid is still gaining experience and he makes freakin plays! Green hit Paul on a 50 yard bomb in the rain down 12 as a freshman, I guessing no. Plus Lee fires his teammates up they follow him. Lee hasn't need to make excuses because he is the man, so shut it! You need an excuse for making a dumb post.

:rant

Totally agree, Why would you go to a freshman who admits he is still learning the playbook when Zack has proven he has it down. He follows the game plan and checks into the correct plays as he is coached to do. If execution all arround on offense was better we wouldn't be having these silly debates. Cody is the future but Zach is the present. With more experience he will only get better.

Maybe I'm a rabid fan, (good GOD - I KNOW I am), but I remember the early 70"s (now granted I was just a little kid then), the 80's the 90's and what I remember is the ARM FLEXING, banging helmets so hard with their team-mates they'd knock each other down, darn little FINESSE and ALL BRUTE offensive / defensive lines. That kind of FIRE is really what it takes... I'm starting to see it on this team. They may not be BRUTAL yet, but it won't be long and you'll start seeing guys with pieces of opposing teams jerseys in their TEETH, bloodied knuckles, crazy eyes... You know that look you get when you pound your chest after a touchdown and scream, "YEAH! GOD-D%^&M RIGHT it's a TOUCHDOWN! YEAH!" or, your defense knocks the pizz out of an opposing QB time after time (uhhhh, hi Mr. Manning..? May I assist you to the TURF!?!) and you jump up and scream "YEAH!" in a ROAR. THAT is how I remember NU football and it will likely kill me one day in a coronary over-load, but I STILL rip myself off the couch and jump in the air ready to rape GODZILLA whenever those boys slam someone down or bang and rip off an 8 yard run leaving people on their back. I must be rabid, 'cause NO-ONE understands how a fat man like me can still stalk around the living room floor breathing hard, fists clenched, stomping marks in my carpet for 90 minutes on gameday! Sometimes I wonder if them kids EVER KNOW how much heartfelt emotion they invoke in their fan-base... If they did, they'd likely fist fight thru every play... I think I'm starting to see it in this team... Here's to hoping! GO BIG RED!!!

Well said buddy!!

Let's see how he performs against a good team outside of a monsoon before we toss him under the bus, okay? Both of his shaky performances were in some pretty extreme environments, and I didn't exactly see the heralded opposing quarterback during those games doing any better.

Give the kid a chance. We can always sacrifice him later. :cop: