Husker game (not in Vegas)

Has anyone watched a game using ESPN360?

Is it tolerable?

do you need a blazing connection to watch it?

Am I better off getting GamePlan for the day?

Can you even get it? Lots of ISP's block it. It's a bit of a bandwidth hog. Time Warner here in Lincoln blocks it.

Yeah I have Cox Cable and I hear that they began to carry it on 30 Sep.

Has anyone watched a game using ESPN360?

Is it tolerable?

do you need a blazing connection to watch it?

Am I better off getting GamePlan for the day?

Can you even get it? Lots of ISP's block it. It's a bit of a bandwidth hog. Time Warner here in Lincoln blocks it.

It's not that they block it, they just don't offer it because your ISP has to pay ESPN to use it. Here is a list of ISPs that subscribe to it: http://espn.go.com/broadband/espn360/affList

It works pretty well, but it's still fairly small and low quality, even compared to SD TV. But why not just order Gameplan? You'll get the Husker game on your TV and a few other good games. If it's a money issue, put $30 on Cinci -2.5 for Thursday and that'll pay for it. :P

Or cheat and do what I do. Take the S-video cable on the back of most laptops and higher end video cards(some even have HDMI now) and plug it into the tv. The sound quality is horrid at this point but the game when pushed to full screen on the monitor fits quite well on the large screens most people have on their televisions. I happen to have a decent sound card with RCA outs so with the HDMI and audio out everything comes from the TV rather than the laptop/pc.

It works pretty well, but it's still fairly small and low quality, even compared to SD TV. But why not just order Gameplan? You'll get the Husker game on your TV and a few other good games. If it's a money issue, put $30 on Cinci -2.5 for Thursday and that'll pay for it. :P

Or cheat and do what I do. Take the S-video cable on the back of most laptops and higher end video cards(some even have HDMI now) and plug it into the tv. The sound quality is horrid at this point but the game when pushed to full screen on the monitor fits quite well on the large screens most people have on their televisions. I happen to have a decent sound card with RCA outs so with the HDMI and audio out everything comes from the TV rather than the laptop/pc.

ya that's what I do via HDMI and take a mini rca to the input w/s-vid if the tv doesn't have an hdmi input. I watched the Va Tech game using this method, sound and vid quality went thru the projector and it worked out well.