Officiating

shyndy

I used to be one who preached that a team couldn't blame a loss on bad officiating and the team should never have put themselves in the position where an officials bad call cost them a game... <_< f#*k that. The officials were stuck on stupid from the opening drive. It's a no wonder Bo got a case of the ass with them. They deserved the tirade he bestowed upon them. The refs during this game royally sucked the hind tit :angry:

I used to be the same too until I saw the Arkansas Florida calls/lack thereof. SEC looking out for their top BCS contender much?

We can't blame our game completely on the officiating. Yeah, the two worst calls came at crucial points, but the fumble return was what did us in. 14 point swing right there. Niles looked like he had some blocks set up and would go for a pretty good gain if not a TD. I have complete confidence we would have scored on that drive. That was a momentum buster and a half.

In a way I'm glad we can't completely blame the officials. Now instead of crying about it, we're gonna go back to work and fix the problems we had. We'll get better because of this. Plus I'm sure it would feel a lot worse to be a Razorback fan...they were so close to beating Jesus Tim Tebow and the Gators, but all their work gets pissed away by refs. They couldn't have played much better.

wont be long before some refs start getting attacked after games... as sad as that day will be.

Didn't the refs in the 2005 Colorado game get pelted with things from the stands at some point in the game?

Everyone gets pelted with things from stands when visiting CU, nothing out of the ordinary in 2005. :lol: j/k

I don't know if I'd be kidding about that statement. :bluffs

on big red wrap up, barfnecht said that refs are penalized less for throwing a flag that wasn't there than for not throwing one for something they missed. I think he screwed up his statement though, because then afterward he said that there wasn't really any incentive for refs to be liberally throwing flags.

however, if it really is that they are penalized less for throwing than not throwing, that would explain a lot.

on big red wrap up, barfnecht said that refs are penalized less for throwing a flag that wasn't there than for not throwing one for something they missed. I think he screwed up his statement though, because then afterward he said that there wasn't really any incentive for refs to be liberally throwing flags.

however, if it really is that they are penalized less for throwing than not throwing, that would explain a lot.

Apparently Walt Anderson, the guy in charge of Big 12 officiating, has dictator like qualities, forcing weekly inspections of the games his refs officiate and severely down-grading them for missing calls.

Hopefully they saw those two face mask penalties from Saturday and then kicked those refs square in the :nutz