Nebraska is Done

Husker_x

I remember feeling this way only once in my life about the Huskers. It was around October of 2007 when it became apparent that Nebraska had fallen so low to be an embarrassment both to themselves and the state. I now feel this way, not about the team, but a part of it. Bo Pelini was hired to instill a sense of toughness and nastiness in the defense. In two seasons we can now be proud to say that we have a premiere defensive unit nationally. We play solid on the line, solid in the secondary, and Suh is a one-man punt blocking machine.

Shawn Watson, Barney Cotton, and Ted Gilmore, however, need to be fired and fired immediately. I do not care who points the finger at what. From front to back his offensive unit is an absolute disgrace to the state of Nebraska and the university. As I said last week, they are stupid, undisciplined, and inept. It all starts with the line, who cannot create a stable pocket, who cannot run block with any consistency. Our receivers are so horrendous it defies explanation. Running backs cannot be blamed for holes that don't exist. And for those Lee apologists in the crowd, tell me how his pussyfoot play helps this team? He's useless as a quarterback. He may not ever be the sole reason this team loses a game, but he does little to help in winning (a la Sam Keller).

I have never been so embarrassed as a Husker fan to watch our offense. Niles Paul, Holt, and Lee specifically have no business on the field, but one cannot conceivably account for the dozen turnovers we had by pointing to the players. It just doesn't happen. It's the coaching, period. It's the fundamentals. It's the mindset. Our offense is sick, like our defense was sick in 2007. If Pelini doesn't cure it, he could lose this team just as badly as Callahan lost it before he was fired.

Newsflash, folks. This team doesn't have what it takes to make a bowl game. Our defense is useless if our offense can't score. We are in bad, bad shape.

I remember feeling this way only once in my life about the Huskers. It was around October of 2007 when it became apparent that Nebraska had fallen so low to be an embarrassment both to themselves and the state. I now feel this way, not about the team, but a part of it. Bo Pelini was hired to instill a sense of toughness and nastiness in the defense. In two seasons we can now be proud to say that we have a premiere defensive unit nationally. We play solid on the line, solid in the secondary, and Suh is a one-man punt blocking machine.

Shawn Watson, Barney Cotton, and Ted Gilmore, however, need to be fired and fired immediately. I do not care who points the finger at what. From front to back his offensive unit is an absolute disgrace to the state of Nebraska and the university. As I said last week, they are stupid, undisciplined, and inept. It all starts with the line, who cannot create a stable pocket, who cannot run block with any consistency. Our receivers are so horrendous it defies explanation. Running backs cannot be blamed for holes that don't exist. And for those Lee apologists in the crowd, tell me how his pussyfoot play helps this team? He's useless as a quarterback. He may not ever be the sole reason this team loses a game, but he does little to help in winning (a la Sam Keller).

I have never been so embarrassed as a Husker fan to watch our offense. Niles Paul, Holt, and Lee specifically have no business on the field, but one cannot conceivably account for the dozen turnovers we had by pointing to the players. It just doesn't happen. It's the coaching, period. It's the fundamentals. It's the mindset. Our offense is sick, like our defense was sick in 2007. If Pelini doesn't cure it, he could lose this team just as badly as Callahan lost it before he was fired.

Newsflash, folks. This team doesn't have what it takes to make a bowl game. Our defense is useless if our offense can't score. We are in bad, bad shape.

You said it all! Nothing else needs to be said......

Agree 100%

I don't think Watson is a bad coach, but it's the Callahan argument in a sense. HE isn't the problem directly. It's just that HE wont change the problem. Callahan wouldn't fire Cosgrove, so he had to go and if Watson wont can Lee, then he'll have to go too. Watson's a good coach in my book, or was until this season. With Ganz he looked like a genius, but if he wont change to a quarterback competent enough to tie his own shoes, then he's as worthless as Lee himself.

100% agree. amazing!

Ah yes, here come the meltdowns.

It's not a meltdown. There are maybe thirty offenses in the country that would give up 8 turnovers and score 7 points on Iowa State.

The offense has been annihilated by coaching.

Agreed again!. Any offensive coach that worthless Bill Callahan chooses has no business in football nation. We are about intimidation and power, and Watson will never be about intimidation and power!

I don't think Watson is a bad coach, but it's the Callahan argument in a sense. HE isn't the problem directly. It's just that HE wont change the problem. Callahan wouldn't fire Cosgrove, so he had to go and if Watson wont can Lee, then he'll have to go too. Watson's a good coach in my book, or was until this season. With Ganz he looked like a genius, but if he wont change to a quarterback competent enough to tie his own shoes, then he's as worthless as Lee himself.

The thing is ganz was in the system 5 years. You are not always going to have the luxury of have a player in for 5 years. It is time to adapt to the talent around you. Simplify the playbook, go to a more run orientated offense and put points on the board. To date, Watson hasn't been able to accomplish that against any kind of competition.