Everyone just calm down...

I hate to do this, but i'm tired of seeing all this negativity...Yes, we did just lose to IOWA STATE, but people saying our season is lost is just BS. We have the same record we had last year at this point, and we are playing much better on defense. The offense showed signs of improvement, but they are just killing themselves. This team reminds me of Alabama in Nick Sabans first year...they had a pretty solid defense, but their offense was crap besides a strong running game. They ended up losing to UL Laffyette or some D-2 school. Their team rallied around the loss and became better for it. Look at them now, they're the 2nd ranked team in the nation.

We will be fine. The season may not turn out as rosy as it looked early on, but remember, these are the same players who had VT on the ropes until the very end. They can do it. Have some faith. We are the best fans in college football right? Lets please act like it then.

You're right--these are the same players that took VT to the ropes. Chalk that one up as yet another close call that leaves us wondering what could have been. We've seen that enough times over the last several years. The close calls with Texas a couple years ago, and Texas Tech in OT last year.. When is this team going to break out?? Every single time NU gets into a measuring-stick type game, we lose! Don't even count Missouri. A couple years ago, we had to score nearly 50 points a game just to win, and still lost !! Now, we have a good defense and we can't score points.

I hope as much as everyone that NU will dominate again, but man.. This offense looks as bad as Callahan's first year with Joe Dailey. There's been enough time for us to get the playmakers to make this offense work and it hasn't happened!

I don't blame the attitude of the fans one bit. We're getting tired of mediocrity. We thought we had moved past these types of games.

You're right--these are the same players that took VT to the ropes. Chalk that one up as yet another close call that leaves us wondering what could have been. We've seen that enough times over the last several years. The close calls with Texas a couple years ago, and Texas Tech in OT last year.. When is this team going to break out?? Every single time NU gets into a measuring-stick type game, we lose! Don't even count Missouri. A couple years ago, we had to score nearly 50 points a game just to win, and still lost !! Now, we have a good defense and we can't score points.

I hope as much as everyone that NU will dominate again, but man.. This offense looks as bad as Callahan's first year with Joe Dailey. There's been enough time for us to get the playmakers to make this offense work and it hasn't happened!

I don't blame the attitude of the fans one bit. We're getting tired of mediocrity. We thought we had moved past these types of games.

Nooo they are not the same players that took VT to the ropes. The are the same people. There is, clearly, a HUGE difference between the two.

Nooo they are not the same players that took VT to the ropes. The are the same people. There is, clearly, a HUGE difference between the two.

I would equate it to a baseball player mired in a deep slump. But you expand on YOUR theory...

It's really hard not to be negative. I'm not trying to lessen the loss by demeaning Iowa State, but it's Iowa State after all. When you lose to them, at home, after turning it over 8 times and holding them to 9 points, you have SERIOUS issues. We probably won't lose every game remaining, but it's entirely possible. OU only scored what... 21 on Baylor? We can't score more than 7 on ISU. The time for this team to rally around a tough loss was VT or Texas Tech. If you can't bounce back from TTech against ISU at home, I don't know when you will.

Tomorrow the coaches should walk in the film room, turn on the the lights and make the following announcement.

Fumbles are allow under two circumstances.

1. If you are dead.

2. If you are really really dead.

Once announced it's followed up with with UNO and Peru State are looking for guys that want to play football.

After that the coaches should turn off the lights and go home leaving the guys in the room to think about what they are here for.