Drivers seat for Big 12 North

Iowa State plays at A&M, then Ok State, CO, at Mizzou. They will lose two of those for sure for 4 conf losses.

Yes, we have to win out except for Oklahoma but I see this as the most likely scenario considering the other team's schedules (We get K State at home).

Yes, this was an embarrassing loss but the entire North seems pretty weak and I doubt we'll go -8 again on turnovers.

Am I crazy?

Iowa State plays at A&M, then Ok State, CO, at Mizzou. They will lose two of those for sure for 4 conf losses.

Yes, we have to win out except for Oklahoma but I see this as the most likely scenario considering the other team's schedules (We get K State at home).

Yes, this was an embarrassing loss but the entire North seems pretty weak and I doubt we'll go -8 again on turnovers.

Am I crazy?

Extremely...

Am I crazy?

I never take Colorado for granted, they play us tough when they are down and we on at the top of the Top 20. Kansas is not exactly a give-me either. And K-State, not quite sure what to think about them, I never thought they would be where they are, since they were supposed to be in the basement.

Really, there isn't any game that we should be taking for granted. We were supposed to beat ISU, they won, but we beat ourselves in this game. We are prone to doing that, we did it with VT, and we really did it with Texas Tech. With a couple of breaks, we could of been unbeaten right now...probably should have if you just take a play or two in each of those games and get another outcome. The score last week against Texas Tech was really not indicative of how we played for the most part...that fumble return changed the tide of the rest of the game IMHO...our defense played them very well for the most part.

I am to the point that I think I have better odds flipping a coin than I do picking a winner in our games. I never dreamed we would be 4-3 right now...maybe 5-2 at worst. Change maybe 4 plays this season, and we could be 7-0. Funny game we enjoy here.... :dumdum

It's possible. With this defense, it's possible. But we need a spark on offense.

We need more than a spark, we need execution. We need people to hold on to the ball and quit dropping passes. We need the O-line to be more consistent, so who ever is QB has some time to find receivers. Zac is shell shocked right now. I think if he had better protection he would be doing a better job. I think if you throw Green in there, he has the ability to pose a threat to run more, but then he is only a freshman...I don't care how good he is, he has limited experience facing kids that are as big and fast as they are in Div I football. Oklahoma is not going to be a fun defense for anyone right now to face...and I don't know that I would want to throw him out there to deal with that, you might do him more harm than good (physically or mentally).

I think Cody will be a starter, maybe even next year. But I don't know that I want to throw him to the wolves until Bo and Watson decide he is ready. And I hope they don't do it just because everyone is pressuring them to make a change.

Then again, we could just do like Texas did with Colt McCoy, throw him out there as a freshman, let him get the crap beat out of him, and see how tough he is. If he survives, and the O-line finally gets their crap together, he'll do great. If he can't take it, we just look for another QB, right? :hmmph