Rex Burkhead

mitch7

Supposedly the bone he broke in his foot, if it does not heal correctly, can have career ending implications. I trust the medical staff knows what they are doing. I had a similar football injury in my hand/wrist. I broke a small bone in my hand that could prevent my wrist from being able to bend if it did not heal properly. I had surgury, they put a screw in it, and it healed just fine.

Supposedly the bone he broke in his foot, if it does not heal correctly, can have career ending implications. I trust the medical staff knows what they are doing. I had a similar football injury in my hand/wrist. I broke a small bone in my hand that could prevent my wrist from being able to bend if it did not heal properly. I had surgury, they put a screw in it, and it healed just fine.

They haven't shown to be great at rehabbing injuries lately, Turner is the only one who's seemed to have made it back to his old self.

I have been hearing some rumblings lately that his foot injury could be career ending. Is there any truth to this possibility?

Possibly, the rumor around campus is that the 6-8 week timeline is out. It's now a season ending injury and he won't be back until spring camp. The break is in a bad spot and therefore has taken longer to mend.

I have been hearing some rumblings lately that his foot injury could be career ending. Is there any truth to this possibility?

Possibly, the rumor around campus is that the 6-8 week timeline is out. It's now a season ending injury and he won't be back until spring camp. The break is in a bad spot and therefore has taken longer to mend.

If it's not career ending, any chance that he could get a medical redshirt for this year? Or did he play in too many games? :hmmph

If it's not career ending, any chance that he could get a medical redshirt for this year? Or did he play in too many games? :hmmph

3 games or 30% of the season whichever is greater, he played 5 games, we can play a max of 14, so no, he cannot get the waiver unless they get an exception.

I am in a similar position as you were. Broken bone, now blocks my wrist joint from functioning correctly. Could end my lustrous career of channel surfing and drinking simultaneously :angry:

Feet are a bit more important in football then wrists I believe. . .

I wish they would give us more information on what EXACTLY the injury is, so we could have a better idea. But such is coaching I suppose.

I am in a similar position as you were. Broken bone, now blocks my wrist joint from functioning correctly. Could end my lustrous career of channel surfing and drinking simultaneously :angry:

Feet are a bit more important in football then wrists I believe. . .

I wish they would give us more information on what EXACTLY the injury is, so we could have a better idea. But such is coaching I suppose.

It's not coaching, it's privacy laws.

any injury that "doesn't heal correctly" is a career-ender. This is a matter of the acumen of the orthopedist who did the surgery. Unless he commits malpractice, the foot should be just fine.

The orthopedist can't control how the bone heals, can't control what the player does in rehab, and can't control if the player gets confidence back after the injury. See Matt Herian and Anthony Blue as evidence.

The sound from the first 12 posts is that his career is over!

Are you guys over-reacting a bit and/or from a recruiting standpoint should we consider Rex's career over?

He's my favorite recruit from last year ... bummer.

SheepdogMark

His career probably isn't over. However, there is a chance it could be. I think everyone's post-ISU loss pessimism is showing. My own included.

any injury that "doesn't heal correctly" is a career-ender. This is a matter of the acumen of the orthopedist who did the surgery. Unless he commits malpractice, the foot should be just fine.

:facepalm:

Wow, just...wow. Modern medicine can do a lot, but sometimes things just don't heal right. You can do everything right and still have complications no matter how simple or minor an injury to the body seems.