Rex Burkhead

mitch7

Wow, just...wow. Modern medicine can do a lot, but sometimes things just don't heal right. You can do everything right and still have complications no matter how simple or minor an injury to the body seems.

You seem to be asserting that the body is more complex than, say, a tinker toy building project. Do you have a link to support this or is this just conjecture? Without a link, I think we have to go with the concept that the body is a relatively simple mechanism, easily fixed by.... most anybody, especially if they use duct tape.

Sure hope that orthopedist remembered to use duct tape on Roy.

I got a stress fracture in my right root at the beginning of June. It was almost three months before I was pain free. I'm guessing whatever he has is much worse than a stress fracture.

I really hope Burkhead returns to the team 100% whether it's this year or next. I really enjoyed watching him and we need him!

any injury that "doesn't heal correctly" is a career-ender. This is a matter of the acumen of the orthopedist who did the surgery. Unless he commits malpractice, the foot should be just fine.

:facepalm:

Wow, just...wow. Modern medicine can do a lot, but sometimes things just don't heal right. You can do everything right and still have complications no matter how simple or minor an injury to the body seems.

Exactly my point.

He'll be fine, unless he's one of those "one percent-ers" who doesn't heal right.

You seem to be asserting that the body is more complex than, say, a tinker toy building project. Do you have a link to support this or is this just conjecture? Without a link, I think we have to go with the concept that the body is a relatively simple mechanism, easily fixed by.... most anybody, especially if they use duct tape.

hey mastermind, I know what I'm talking about on this one and you likely don't.

any injury that "doesn't heal correctly" is a career-ender. This is a matter of the acumen of the orthopedist who did the surgery. Unless he commits malpractice, the foot should be just fine.

:facepalm:

Exactly my point.

He'll be fine, unless he's one of those "one percent-ers" who doesn't heal right.

How was that your point when you're talking about malpractice?

You may want to check the batteries on your sarcasm detector. ;)

You may want to check the batteries on your sarcasm detector. ;)

This is too funny. When I read his post I wondered if he would get the sarcasm. Oh well, give him one mulligan.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Rex. He runs so maturely for a freshman--a regular breath of fresh air. This would be an absolute crime for it to be career-ending after just a little taste of college ball.

Hopefully this injury doesn't't affect his run style or confidence- as far as I know this is his first injury in his entire career. Just pray its not a reoccuring injury either!

When discussing the subject of injuries healing properly or not two words come to mind. Kenny Wilson. I know he is one of the rare cases but for every Barry Turner at one end of the spectrum there is a Kenny Wilson who just never recovers from injuries/set backs.

Funny you should mention Kenny Wilson... He's back playing football for the Sioux City Bandits in an indoor football league. Now, given, that's no NFL... but he's playing. I'm glad for him. :clap

Supposedly the bone he broke in his foot, if it does not heal correctly, can have career ending implications. I trust the medical staff knows what they are doing. I had a similar football injury in my hand/wrist. I broke a small bone in my hand that could prevent my wrist from being able to bend if it did not heal properly. I had surgury, they put a screw in it, and it healed just fine.

I am in a similar position as you were. Broken bone, now blocks my wrist joint from functioning correctly. Could end my lustrous career of channel surfing and drinking simultaneously :angry:

Feet are a bit more important in football then wrists I believe. . .

I wish they would give us more information on what EXACTLY the injury is, so we could have a better idea. But such is coaching I suppose.

Could do serious damage to your love life also.

But anyway, I'm more in the camp where regaining confidence is going to be the bigger thing. I think the sports docs get a lot of practice with broken bones in feet that they know how to fix it.