How the Season Laid Out.

Heres the way i lay it down.

At the beginning of the season we predicted us a 3 or 4 loss team. Losses to Oklahoma, VA Tech, and Kansas. So we drop the one to Va tech, ok we lost but were still on track. Follow that up a few weeks with a poor performance to Missouri. Ok we didnt play great until the 4th but who cares we won. Then Huge momentum coming into our home turf ranked 14th faceing texas tech. Wow we lose ok we lost that sucks but if we can build momentum past ia state and baylor we will be ready for the really tough ones of the season. Oh wait we lost to iowa state, wait we werent suspost to do that. We havent even faced the 2 teams we expected to lose to and now were already a 3 loss team. Thats why people are panacked, that is why people done expect us to play out. We arent any where near where we were suspost to be at this point. Yea we almost won at vatech and ia state but we didnt. Hell until the 4th seemed like we were gonna cough up that Missouri game as well. This isnt a gloom and doom thread, this is trying to explain the caos. Stoppppppppppppp the insanity.

At the beginning of the season we predicted us a 3 or 4 loss team. Losses to Oklahoma, VA Tech, and Kansas. So we drop the one to Va tech, ok we lost but were still on track. Follow that up a few weeks with a poor performance to Missouri. Ok we didnt play great until the 4th but who cares we won. Then Huge momentum coming into our home turf ranked 14th faceing texas tech. Wow we lose ok we lost that sucks but if we can build momentum past ia state and baylor we will be ready for the really tough ones of the season. Oh wait we lost to iowa state, wait we werent suspost to do that. We havent even faced the 2 teams we expected to lose to and now were already a 3 loss team. Thats why people are panacked, that is why people done expect us to play out. We arent any where near where we were suspost to be at this point. Yea we almost won at vatech and ia state but we didnt. Hell until the 4th seemed like we were gonna cough up that Missouri game as well. This isnt a gloom and doom thread, this is trying to explain the caos. Stoppppppppppppp the insanity.

Well we can still salvage the season. Luckily, Baylor, K-State, KU, and Colorado are all dreadfull. However, 8 turnovers a game will equal 0-5 to finish the season. We are equally dreadfull. Honestly, losing to K-State would send me over the edge.

Well we can still salvage the season. Luckily, Baylor, K-State, KU, and Colorado are all dreadfull. However, 8 turnovers a game will equal 0-5 to finish the season. We are equally dreadfull. Honestly, losing to K-State would send me over the edge.

I don't get how a fluke 8 fumble game, where everything else looked all right equals "8 turnovers a game." We had the first game of the season where fumbling was a problem and now it will suddenly plague us for the rest of the season? :wtf

It's not just the debacle against ISU. This offense has consistently been unable to finish against BCS schools.

We drove the ball several times against VA Tech - settled for field goals.

We had no drives whatsoever against Missouri until the final drive of the game (the others were short drives off turnovers, or the busted coverage against Niles).

We were ineffective against TTech in the red zone, earning only 10 total points.

We fumbled four times inside the six yard line against ISU.

This isn't just about the fluke ball handling mistakes in our last game. This is a season-long problem that we have yet to correct, seven games in. That's not cause for optimism.

On top of that, we've got a really banged-up running game, that, even if healthy, we're not showing a commitment to. Presuming we wanted to go to a running game, we don't have a horse to saddle up right now - maybe Tray Robinson, maybe Marcus Mendoza... but not Helu, who's been dinged up since Missouri (seriously, it appears), and not Okafor or anyone else, unless the coaches have disciplinary reasons for keeping them off the field.

On top of that, our WRs have shown next to no heart in going after balls, no ability to separate, no ability to be creative, and no motivation to help out their QB. It's like they don't understand the game.

On top of that, our Offensive Coordinator seems intent on calling plays that go away from our team's strengths, plays that our opponents seem to figure out pretty easily (name the last time a RB took the corner into open space, or a screen had next to nobody lined up to blow it up).

I could go on. This is not just some momentary panic. This has been building all year.

It's not just the debacle against ISU. This offense has consistently been unable to finish against BCS schools.

We had no drives whatsoever against Missouri until the final drive of the game (the others were short drives off turnovers, or the busted coverage against Niles).

We were ineffective against TTech in the red zone, earning only 10 total points.

This isn't just about the fluke ball handling mistakes in our last game. This is a season-long problem that we have yet to correct, seven games in. That's not cause for optimism.

On top of that, we've got a really banged-up running game, that, even if healthy, we're not showing a commitment to. Presuming we wanted to go to a running game, we don't have a horse to saddle up right now - maybe Tray Robinson, maybe Marcus Mendoza... but not Helu, who's been dinged up since Missouri (seriously, it appears), and not Okafor or anyone else, unless the coaches have disciplinary reasons for keeping them off the field.

On top of that, our WRs have shown next to no heart in going after balls, no ability to separate, no ability to be creative, and no motivation to help out their QB. It's like they don't understand the game.

On top of that, our Offensive Coordinator seems intent on calling plays that go away from our team's strengths, plays that our opponents seem to figure out pretty easily (name the last time a RB took the corner into open space, or a screen had next to nobody lined up to blow it up).

I could go on. This is not just some momentary panic. This has been building all year.

I'm a realist with the offensive. It has a lot of problems, just like our defense was to start last year. All I am saying is that the season is not lost, the Big XII North is still wide open. I would say play calling is probably our worst problem. But that is fixable as is this season.

I'm a realist with the offensive. It has a lot of problems, just like our defense was to start last year. All I am saying is that the season is not lost, the Big XII North is still wide open. I would say play calling is probably our worst problem. But that is fixable as is this season.

By this time last year, our defense was figuring things out. Our offense has a long way to go before we could see the same level of improvement.

By this time last year, our defense was figuring things out. Our offense has a long way to go before we could see the same level of improvement.

When you say, "By this time last year, our defense was figuring things out," do you mean our Nov. 1 loss to Oklahoma 62-28 giving us our fourth and final loss?

True. But I think we have athletes on offense, and I think we can turn it around. I think we can pull off the same thing on OFF that we did on DEF last year. It's just going to take a hell of a lot of work and dedication from all aspects of the offense.

I think that point has finally set into the team. The fact that coaches are replacing experienced players with RS freshman tells you something. I'm sure we will step out of the mid-season funk. May just be denial but I have a good feeling about the Baylor game I think we are getting close to the "light bulb" moment.