Prior to the season we could've seen this coming...

We have a good defense and we have a good/great field goal kicker!

I think a good defense is saying too little.

Six consecutive games, the Blackshirts have allowed less than 278 total yards — Nebraska hasn't matched that feat since 1996.

No opponent has scored on back-to-back possessions. Only six times have the Blackshirts allowed a touchdown drive longer than 40 yards. Seven foes have combined to tally three points in the third quarter.

Nebraska’s average of 164.1 passing yards allowed per game not only ranks among the national leaders but is on a strong pace for the Husker record book. To wit: Big Red last allowed fewer than 170 passing yards per game in 1993, when it gave up just 163.9.

I'll go out on a limb and say this defense is playing at a Big12 Championship / BCS Bowl bid caliber.

:restore

Whats really sad is that most of the points scored against this defense was set up by Nebraska offense. <_<<_<

dedhoarse Hate to beat a deadhorse but hey I'm bored ;):madash . The red flags have been flying for 4 years with this offense. Sure when this offense had Ganz, Swift and Peterson the offense could score against the nobodies of the world but still struggled against good to great defenses.

Now that offense has a mediocre QB, receivers it can't even score against bad defenses.

I'm hoping in two years that Pelini realizes that it wasnt just the defense that was the problem during the Callahan years, but the offense was also a big part of the problem.

I've given up on some people on here to ever figure it out so stop trying to point out this offense was 5 rated and 11 rated offense stats the two years prior. All I ask is that you look up and see who they were playing or when were they getting those stats during those games. :dunno

[

Now that offense has a mediocre QB, receivers it can't even score against bad defenses.

I'm hoping in two years that Pelini realizes that it wasnt just the defense that was the problem during the Callahan years, but the offense was also a big part of the problem.

Really? You think this offense would be better with a non-mediocre QB and receivers who could hold onto the ball? Maybe a rushing attack that wasn't down to its fourth string running back?

No, the offense wasn't the problem in the Callahan years. After two years of watching Jamaal Lord get 4.3 yards on a busted play, it was actually pretty fun to watch. If you choose to remember, the 30 - 3 beatdown in Boulder and the comeback bowl win against a superior Michigan team in Callahan's second season felt pretty good. When the same offense was handed to the good but not exactly legendary Joe Ganz it clicked pretty well, too.

I pretty sure that Bo Pelini along with everyone in here was concerned about the talent drop-off on offense this season. Even then I don't think Pelini or Watson -- or any of us in here -- saw the last two games happening.

We were warned this offense was a work in progress. Next few games will tell a lot.

I will say this again.

We created our own problems last year by not playing the back ups.

We have a third string QB starting this year. He was not trusted last year, why would anyone think he would be a lights out player this year.

Unfortunately we are doing the same thing again. Backups need to play and they need to play in real game situations.

You have to have a backup quarter back play during the year, and enough minutes to make it worth while.

I am not calling for anyone by name or saying who is starting should not be.

Most of what is happening was obvious that it could, but as ususal we refuse to look at things as they are.

Q leaving hurt this team no question, and in arguement it is on him. Helu being injured has hurt this team a great deal, continuing to play him when he is hurt is stupid.

Losing Burkhead is the most devasting blow I think. We do not have a quality QB, or one with real experience, we do not have a healthy running back, but a freshman that gave a hell of an effort and has been lambasted for the past week.

We have problems, and they were evident at the beginning of the season. :dunno

[

Really? You think this offense would be better with a non-mediocre QB and receivers who could hold onto the ball? Maybe a rushing attack that wasn't down to its fourth string running back?

No, the offense wasn't the problem in the Callahan years. After two years of watching Jamaal Lord get 4.3 yards on a busted play, it was actually pretty fun to watch. If you choose to remember, the 30 - 3 beatdown in Boulder and the comeback bowl win against a superior Michigan team in Callahan's second season felt pretty good. When the same offense was handed to the good but not exactly legendary Joe Ganz it clicked pretty well, too.

I pretty sure that Bo Pelini along with everyone in here was concerned about the talent drop-off on offense this season. Even then I don't think Pelini or Watson -- or any of us in here -- saw the last two games happening.

We were warned this offense was a work in progress. Next few games will tell a lot.

Superior Michigan team? Michigan, which failed to win at least eight games in a season for the first time since 1986, dropped to 18-19 in postseason play...The Wolverines, who are 0-2 in the Alamo Bowl, are on a three-game bowl losing streak for the first time since 1982-84...Michigan also lost at least four games in a year for the first time since 1984 I'm betting Michigan fans were not calling that team their best ever.

Fans used every sounding board they could find to bombard the team with criticism over the worst home loss in nearly 50 years, a 45-14 homecoming loss to Oklahoma State in which the Cowboys led 38-0 at the half. Now how do you blame that loss on the defense alone? 0 points in the first half?

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score

----------------- -- -- -- -- -----

Missouri............ 14 17 21 0 - 52

Nebraska............ 7 3 0 7 - 17

High scoring offense with Ganz, Swift, Peterson scored a total 17pts oh and this was also at home.

I guess getting your ass kicked at home against these teams is worth it if you get to see your team beat a 7-6 Clemson and 8-4 Michigan team in minor bowl games once in awhile.

The yard stick Nebraska fans use now is so low, pretty soon fans will be taking pictures after they beat a Baylor or Iowa State team.