a W is not a W

Husker66

If we win this game it showed nothing as fixed or maybe fixable.

This is pathetic. OK, we brought Cody Green in and that seemed like the answer until the second half. Inept coaching, inept offense, inept recievers....I am at such a lack of words right now. I am beyond the "we have to rebuild" talk. We have nothing on offense. That offense will not win us another game this year. Frankly between missed kicks and dropped balls, Baylor is beating themselves.

The O needs to be completely overhauled and replaced from coaching on down. did we get tired in the second half or did Watson put us in the Victory formation to run the clock down at the beginning of the 3rd. If we do not get this fixed, we will go the way of Army, SMU, Minnesota(6 NC's) and all other one time great programs that haven't amounted to a pile of s#%t in 40 years. It is breathtaking how far this team has fallen since the Gator bowl. The last 3 games has been a shock to reality that we are no closer to "getting back" than the day Osborne left, Peterson came in and we hired Callahan. Long slow slide that has just gotten faster and faster. I know guys are hurt but...

this is a depressing win.

This is pathetic. OK, we brought Cody Green in and that seemed like the answer until the second half. Inept coaching, inept offense, inept recievers....I am at such a lack of words right now. I am beyond the "we have to rebuild" talk. We have nothing on offense. That offense will not win us another game this year. Frankly between missed kicks and dropped balls, Baylor is beating themselves.

The O needs to be completely overhauled and replaced from coaching on down. did we get tired in the second half or did Watson put us in the Victory formation to run the clock down at the beginning of the 3rd. If we do not get this fixed, we will go the way of Army, SMU, Minnesota(6 NC's) and all other one time great programs that haven't amounted to a pile of s#%t in 40 years. It is breathtaking how far this team has fallen since the Gator bowl. The last 3 games has been a shock to reality that we are no closer to "getting back" than the day Osborne left, Peterson came in and we hired Callahan. Long slow slide that has just gotten faster and faster. I know guys are hurt but...

I agree...never has a W left this type of feeling in my stomach.

I have questions about the Offense that have absolutley no answers.

This is going to be bad next week. Our defense can only win games for so long.

this is a depressing win.

Yep, you're right it was an important win, more importantly though - you're staying positive!

I agree with both posts... Our offense is terrible but we are missing a lot of our running game and real young on offense...

The loss of Castille is really hurting our offense now

Castille basically had one good game. He would make little to no difference in this team. Burkhead being healthy on the other hand, he could catch the ball and make plays in the passing game, which is a requirement for Watson's offense. Just something we don't really have right now.

Let's just enjoy the last win we will have in 09'

GOD I HOPE YOU'RE WRONG...BUT WHEN THEY FLASHED THE SCHEDUL UP THERE.....I dont see our D being able to keep us in every game....someone better find something that this offense is good at...because scoring touchdowns is certainly not their strong point....

...and here we all thought that Green was going to be our savior....hell..I was hoping that Lee would get back in the game....

Pathetic.

GOD I HOPE YOU'RE WRONG...BUT WHEN THEY FLASHED THE SCHEDUL UP THERE.....I dont see our D being able to keep us in every game....someone better find something that this offense is good at...because scoring touchdowns is certainly not their strong point....

...and here we all thought that Green was going to be our savior....hell..I was hoping that Lee would get back in the game....

Pathetic.

With that playcalling, Tommie Frazier, Turner Gill, Eric Crouch, or Jesus Christ wouldn't have made a difference either.

Pathetic.

The fix is going to have to be from the top down at this point. -- Starting with Watson -- I don't think we want to see this team in Big 12 championship game unless there is somekind of fundamental mid-season change in philosophy. We've had two games since the Texas Tech game to see something like that - instead of using these two games to break in something new -- we've gotten more of the same dink-and-dunk impotence.

Pathetic.

With that playcalling, Tommie Frazier, Turner Gill, Eric Crouch, or Jesus Christ wouldn't have made a difference either.

:laughpound Exactly, Green needs to be in there, he is our future. I just hope Watson doesn't ruin it or stick around for that matter.