State of the coaching staff

macroboy

Well, I was actually just wondering what other coaches on this staff were recommended. Everyone but Pap/Ek/Beck/CP? Not all of the recommendations were bad, I am assuming. I've been in Watson's corner the whole way. Actually kind of wish we still had Lee starting. It'll take some time to come around to Green, I guess.

Also, who were the recruits Barney ran off? Hoch/Givens, or non-OL recruits?

As I said, not going down this road again because of what happened last time.

Search my posts back to about last year. I discussed it a bit before people went nuts that I even suggested it.

I thought Coach Pelini and Cotton were on Solich's staff together and that was the reason Cotton got the call. How does that not make him "Bo's guy"?

You are correct.

Cotton is definately Bo's guy. Anyone not retained from the previous staff is Bo's guys.

He is incorrect as are you. Barney was recommended to Bo and was not someone Bo originally asked to be put on his staff.

Willie, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Bo tried to get Miles to hire Cotton @ LSU when he went there. Is that just an old rumor?

It would seem odd that Cotton would play for some of the best O-line folks and then not be able to produce a competent line. Is it more that he is not a good complement to the Watson O?.

Also, Are you sold on Watson? Even out here in Colorado, it seemd like his offense performed well and padded stats against the ne'er do wells but stalled in the "big" games. Seems like his issue here as well. That may just be athletes I 'spose cuz the same was said about Osborne and crew many times.

I think that when Bo was hired he would've brought more of his own people in on Offense but it was STRONGLY suggested by TO that he leave it mostly intact. I think there was logic to this.

1. You had a pretty effective offense that was returning a senior qb, 2 senior WR, and 2 nfl bound senior O-linemen.

2. It would provide some continuity and allow your offense to be functional while you rebuild the D.

3. You would win more games in your first year this way.

That all happened and I think it was the right thing but now......

I think Bo can and perhaps will make some changes at the end of the year.

On the other hand I think Bo and TO believe in avoiding the coaching carousel.

Wasn't Cotton one of Bo's guys?

What do you think?

If BO does not fire all his assistants and recruit ALL new players the huskers will have the worst football team of all times. It should be plain as day that the problem is the assistant coaches and the mediocre players. This will take 4-5 years to get better but at least the Huskers will be good again !!!