State of the coaching staff

macroboy

I think that when Bo was hired he would've brought more of his own people in on Offense but it was STRONGLY suggested by TO that he leave it mostly intact. I think there was logic to this.

1. You had a pretty effective offense that was returning a senior qb, 2 senior WR, and 2 nfl bound senior O-linemen.

2. It would provide some continuity and allow your offense to be functional while you rebuild the D.

3. You would win more games in your first year this way.

That all happened and I think it was the right thing but now......

I think Bo can and perhaps will make some changes at the end of the year.

On the other hand I think Bo and TO believe in avoiding the coaching carousel.

Wasn't Cotton one of Bo's guys?

What do you think?

I don't know what to think... maybe that after the Va tech and Missouri game we all had to big of expectations but I really think that our offensive play calling has became predictable... We had some solid runs from the ace formation running a zone.. i don't see why watson doesn't use that more often and play action off of it.. move the pocket with green and give him the run pass option. Also, where are the plays that he burned/ran all over us on when he was the oc at colorado?

Screen Pass Watson, Barney Cotton, Ted Gilmore, & any other position coach that our new OC doesnt approve of needs to go.

No I dont know who the new OC is, I dont have a single candidate in my mind. It's not my job to hire an offensive coordinator, its Bo's & I'm sure Tom Osborne will be involved in the process. I'm confident that Bo will hire a solid OC

Edited by AngryHusker88

It's not my job to hire an offensive coordinator

But you can say who should be fired though? <_<:dunno

I only posted that b/c some prick would comment saying "well then why dont you make a list of who you think should be the OC". So I answered the question in advance.

No I dont have a say in who gets fired either obviously, I'm just a fan. Thats what message boards are for, so I can state my opinion that Shawn 'screen pass' Watson needs to go

We had some solid runs from the ace formation running a zone.. i don't see why watson doesn't use that more often and play action off of it.. move the pocket with green and give him the run pass option.

Green can't pass on the run yet.

Hey, I know he's a freshman in college, but I think he played some high school ball, and I'm just going to guess that he threw on the run in HS... in fact, I'd bet the bank on it..

We had some solid runs from the ace formation running a zone.. i don't see why watson doesn't use that more often and play action off of it.. move the pocket with green and give him the run pass option.

Green can't pass on the run yet.

Hey, I know he's a freshman in college, but I think he played some high school ball, and I'm just going to guess that he threw on the run in HS... in fact, I'd bet the bank on it..

He tried it today.....Didn't work well. This isn't H.S. Ball.

Wasn't Cotton one of Bo's guys?

No.

I think Cotton would be fine with a different OC, I think Watson would be better with a different line and WR coach. I think it's Watson and Gilmore vs Beck and Cotton.

Something obviously has to change this offseason IMO.

Name me one time Cotton has produced a very good offensive line.

Guy has been dog meat his entire career.