True Problems With the Offense

Enhance

The problem with our offense is not coaching in any aspect. I think we have a great bunch of coaches who push these guys to be the best they can be and to execute on the football field.

I believe the true problem with our offense is that these guys are average at everything, and great at nothing. I believe they actually know too much.

Our team spends so much time worrying about knowing everything, that it promotes a lack of depth production and a lack of production on the field. The offense has 320 plays, and I think all of us would struggle to find one play that is our gimme play (or in other words, a play we know will be successful regardless).

Why not take the playbook, cut it down significantly, and take maybe 20-30 of those remaining plays and perfect them on the practice field? We can then use the other plays as back up plays to maybe mix things up a bit.

When I look at a team like Florida, what is it that makes them successful? I believe it all has to do with perfecting certain plays. Their bread and butter plays are QB draws, zone reads and other various running plays, ball control passes, and then plays that can change field position quickly. They don't run a whole lot of variation in those plays, either. They take plays they know they can run well and then do them. We need to do this if we want to be successful on the field.

TL:DR We are too multiple. We need to evaluate this team and find plays that we can get them to perfect, and then run those plays without faltering.