Nebraska Defense vs Nebraska Offense

Here is what is nuts, considering where we are as a team right now

Nebraska Defense -- on a national scale

Passing Defense - 13th, 171 yards per game

Rushing Defense - 10th, 96 yards per game

Scoring Defense - 4th, 11 points per game

Total Yards Allowed - 9th, 267 yards per game

Passing Effeciency Defense - 7th, 96 (????)

Nebraska Offense -- on a national scale

Passing Offense - Below 50th, less than 230 ypg

Rushing Offense - Below 50th, less than 154 ypg

Scoring Offense - Below 50th, less than 28 ppg

Total Offense - Below 50th, less than 390 ypg

I got my stats from sports illustrated. They apparently only keep track of the top 50 in the nation, so I put the stats of the team in 50th in the given category and just said it was less than that.

I would be curious as to where we rank as an offense as compared to the entire nation rather than just the top 50.

If I were playing for the Defense I would be soooo mad right now at he offense.

Here is what is nuts, considering where we are as a team right now

Nebraska Defense -- on a national scale

Passing Defense - 13th, 171 yards per game

Rushing Defense - 10th, 96 yards per game

Scoring Defense - 4th, 11 points per game

Total Yards Allowed - 9th, 267 yards per game

Passing Effeciency Defense - 7th, 96 (????)

I got my stats from sports illustrated. They apparently only keep track of the top 50 in the nation, so I put the stats of the team in 50th in the given category and just said it was less than that.

I would be curious as to where we rank as an offense as compared to the entire nation rather than just the top 50.

If I were playing for the Defense I would be soooo mad right now at he offense.

You would think that if they really do practice 1's against 1's, (starting to doubt that) that our offense would be more prepared than what they are. As I have said before, maybe they don't because they don't want to destroy the psyche of the offensive players. :lol: What better D to have to practice against, use it!!!

I would be curious as to where we rank as an offense as compared to the entire nation rather than just the top 50

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp has complete stats.

According to the NCAA site, Nebraska ranks 57(221), 62(146), 54(27.6) and 68(367) respectively (ypg/ppg in parenthesis) in each of those categories.

The one thing you risk trying to help the offense is not being as prepared on defense. I understand what people feel when they say just go against our 1's but IMO its not the job of the starting defense to prepare the offense. Its the job of the offensive players, the defensive scout team, and the coaching staff job.

The reason I bring it up, is because it is something TO did all the time. Yes, it is the job of the scout team to prepare either the O or D for what they will see in any given game. Yet, Jason Peter did stress the fact that it was also very important to practice 1's against 1's because of the talent level you will face doing that and it was usaully done towards the end of practice. Sorry, but most of the guys on the scout team are there because they aren't as good as the guys who suite up on Saturday's. Like Jason pointed out, it made the actual games seem easy. Both are equally important, I believe. TO felt it was vital to the Huskers success.