Starting QB this week

I think that overall he is better than Lee. So far. Lee seemed rattled in his last 2 starts. We couldn't simply manage the offense against Tech and ISU and win so I doubt that'll work with OU.

I agree.

Lee sort of seems like he lost his competitive edge somewhere in the course of the early season. I don't know where it went, but until he gets it back Cody Green is the more serviceable guy.

Really this is too early to start getting on CG's butt about the game last week. The kid has been here since January and some of you, although you won't come out and admit it, are downgrading this kid simply because he isn't performing like a Tommie Frazier or Eric Crouch would. Get off your high-horse, fellas.

This kid has a lot of football left ahead of him, and he has all of the physical tools to be the next great quarterback for us.

Couldn't agree more. In Lee's last few starts, it's like he is content with underachieving.

It's hilarious "Husker" fans are downgrading and not even giving Cody Green a chance. Especially when we are 5-3 and thought we would be 7-1 at this point. Also blew his redshirt in the first game of the season..it's not rocket science.

I think that overall he is better than Lee. So far. Lee seemed rattled in his last 2 starts. We couldn't simply manage the offense against Tech and ISU and win so I doubt that'll work with OU.

I agree.

Lee sort of seems like he lost his competitive edge somewhere in the course of the early season. I don't know where it went, but until he gets it back Cody Green is the more serviceable guy.

Really this is too early to start getting on CG's butt about the game last week. The kid has been here since January and some of you, although you won't come out and admit it, are downgrading this kid simply because he isn't performing like a Tommie Frazier or Eric Crouch would. Get off your high-horse, fellas.

This kid has a lot of football left ahead of him, and he has all of the physical tools to be the next great quarterback for us.

Couldn't agree more. In Lee's last few starts, it's like he is content with underachieving.

It's hilarious "Husker" fans are downgrading and not even giving Cody Green a chance. Especially when we are 5-3 and thought we would be 7-1 at this point. Also blew his redshirt in the first game of the season..it's not rocket science.

As I remember, Tommie Frazier didn't have that great of a first game as a freshman Husker. It should be noted that Frazier had a much better supporting cast as well. I suspect a lot of the current sentiment is more due to hard feelings among some that are in the Zac Lee camp than it is a dispassionate analysis of a freshman's first game on a troubled offense. After all, any attempt to analyze his future ability to lead the Husker offense based off a single game of starting as a freshman is absolutely ludicrous (see "insane").

It's funny that the "Lee camp" would get criticized for lack of dispassionate analysis.

It's the gagafest over Green that has me more critical of him than anything. I enjoyed watching Green throw against Tech and think a lot of this kid, glad he's in our program...but I think we all ought to be a lot more worried about our QB situation going forward. Some of you act like it's just set, the new era has been ushered in, Green's 4-year starting run. 3 if he leaves for the pro's early.

I'm just hoping we don't turn out like Colorado. I liked Vince's analogy. Right now from what we've seen and heard, it's a lot closer to Derek Anderson/Brady Quinn than it is to Don Majkowski/Brett Favre.

i'm feeling a reverse to Latravis then he passes it deep to Khiry this weekend. secret trick play we've been saving

I'm thinking a hand off to Niles in motion who tosses it to LTW lined up in the slot on the reverse, who then throws it to a wide open CG for a TOUCHDOWN!!!! :horns2:horns2

Maybe not.

It's funny that the "Lee camp" would get criticized for lack of dispassionate analysis.

It's the gagafest over Green that has me more critical of him than anything. I enjoyed watching Green throw against Tech and think a lot of this kid, glad he's in our program...but I think we all ought to be a lot more worried about our QB situation going forward. Some of you act like it's just set, the new era has been ushered in, Green's 4-year starting run. 3 if he leaves for the pro's early.

I'm just hoping we don't turn out like Colorado. I liked Vince's analogy. Right now from what we've seen and heard, it's a lot closer to Derek Anderson/Brady Quinn than it is to Don Majkowski/Brett Favre.

I wouldn't personally say there is a "gagafest" over Green, not by any means. I think what most people are getting at is Lee had his chance to prove himself. He did so in 3 games, failed in 3 games, and had one good quarter thanks to three passes against MU. Not exactly ringing the church bells.

Green started one game, had two costly turnovers but otherwise played solid and helped this team to a victory. If anything, 85% of the reason the game was close against Baylor was because a lack of production on the o-line, running backs not finding holes, and WR's still not getting in positions to help a first year freshman starter.

I wouldn't personally say there is a "gagafest" over Green, not by any means.

I would.

Definitely.

If you have paid attention... he's even been compared to frazier in a thread or two... yup. gaga, manlove whatever.

Correct me if I'm wrong. He scored 13 points vs Baylor, and gave them 7.

sure. the mighty skers prevailed. but ya can't do that against any other b12 team.

and win.

but opinions vary. ;)

btw- it doesn't matter one iota who starts saturday. May see both qbs anyway.

But all of those things you mentioned: RBs not finding holes, O-line not being a real O-line, WRs not getting open, apply to Lee too.

But Lee "fails" while 85% of the blame falls on someone else for Green?

I don't know. I guess I hope Green starts because that means he's showing something; if we flip flop back to Lee, something real bad is going on.

But all of those things you mentioned: RBs not finding holes, O-line not being a real O-line, WRs not getting open, apply to Lee too.

not if you're gaga for green. ;)

you can't apply logic to a mancrush.

whoever starts... green or lee, it's because the coaches figure he's the best qb for the OU game.

that's good enough. :woo

here's hoping for a good game. :koolaid2:

I don't know. I guess I hope Green starts because that means he's showing something; if we flip flop back to Lee, something real bad is going on.

Yes, it does apply to Lee as well.

What makes any of you think Lee is the guy that gives us a better chance? I'm in now way shape or form saying that Green is the best guy who gives us the best chance to win, because there is nothing to show for him more than there is to show for Lee.

Green is being given the edge because their passing ability seems to be on par at the moment but he has better legs and better decisiveness running the football.

In the last three games, Green has been on the field for 20 points of total offense and one touchdown pass. Lee has been responsible for 10 points, and no touchdown passes. Going off of that, Green is my starter.

He may not be burning any barns, but at least he isn't looking dejected every time he comes off the field after a failed drive.

I wouldn't personally say there is a "gagafest" over Green, not by any means.

I would.

Definitely.

If you have paid attention... he's even been compared to frazier in a thread or two... yup. gaga, manlove whatever.

Correct me if I'm wrong. He scored 13 points vs Baylor, and gave them 7.

sure. the mighty skers prevailed. but ya can't do that against any other b12 team.

and win.

but opinions vary. ;)

btw- it doesn't matter one iota who starts saturday. May see both qbs anyway.

Like I said in a previous post, Green has been on the field for 20 points the last three games. Lee has been responsible for 10. Sure, Lee hasn't thrown a pick 6, but he is 22 years old and doesn't look any better a passer than the true freshman, 19 year old Green.

Yes, it does apply to Lee as well.

What makes any of you think Lee is the guy that gives us a better chance? I'm in now way shape or form saying that Green is the best guy who gives us the best chance to win, because there is nothing to show for him more than there is to show for Lee.

Green is being given the edge because their passing ability seems to be on par at the moment but he has better legs and better decisiveness running the football.

In the last three games, Green has been on the field for 20 points of total offense and one touchdown pass. Lee has been responsible for 10 points, and no touchdown passes. Going off of that, Green is my starter.

He may not be burning any barns, but at least he isn't looking dejected every time he comes off the field after a failed drive.

Don't know why people don't address this issue. This is what the whole "mancrush" is all about. None of the Lee supporters or the "green isn't any good" group has anything to say about this. They ignore it. Here it is one more time.....Green can scramble and create plays with his legs and since the wide outs are inconsistent and the oline has issues and our running backs are depleted it makes sense to put a player in that can add this new wrinkle to an offense that sits dead in the water. So clone, vince and the others feel free to address this part of the argument. Cause if you have a better fix with Lee in there...I'd like to hear it.

I've said this a dozen times.

here's the thirteenth.

IMO... doesn't matter which qb starts. neither is outstanding. no opponent fears either one. neither is head and shoulders above the other.

I have no crush on either.

Lee or green, whoever Bo wants...

unlike many posters, I feel the coaches know best.

Agree with the above.

A comment on that I would make though, is that if Green can't threaten defenses with his arm they'll load up in the box and force him to beat them through the air. He can be decisive as he wants running but it won't help when they stack 8-9 defenders in there.

But maybe he's the best shot we've got.