Something I noticed about our defense...

Saunders

The 2009 NU defense is definitely stout .

And SUH is a monster!!

here's the but.

but..

a couple of facts-- the wins have been over the sunbelt (even the offense looked good in those games!! ), mizzou (guess what? THEY think they gave the game away) and baylor, two teams with a collective 8 wins and 8 losses between them and a collective 1-7 conference record.

IMO-- Not exactly big time opposition.

a couple of more facts- While the huskers (the incredible SUH actually) erased four points from the scoreboard for isu, the mighty Nu D could not get one turnover against lowly ISU or stop the mighty clones with a FIRST time starter qb from eating 7:12 off the fourth quarter clock while the ISU starting qb and league leading rusher sat (injured) on the sidelines.

IMO-- one thing is for sure...

if the D steps up big tomorrow vs OU, let's say, keeps OU under 14 points. They'll have PROVEN something to the doubters like me!

Until then, I'm withholding the great or elite status label. :)

GO BO!!

BEAT OU!!

I would rather not see out defense give up 400-500 yards because this would mean the other team's offense is on the field the better part of the game. If this is the case, then it will be hard for our offense to score 20 or more.

Fundamentally speaking, I think you are incorrect here. Just my opinion, of course

I don't think that is what it necessarily means at all. You can have 400-500 yards game and be on the field significantly less than the other team. The TT v. NU game in 2008. TT put up 421 net yards of offense in 19 minutes and 48 seconds. Even though Nebraska out-gained them, and out-T.O.P.'d them, we still came up short.

So, like I said, yards given up don't matter to me as long as you are holding them to low scores.

I realize this, and you could make the same argument for Mizzou last year when they had one of the worst TOP but had one of the best offenses. However, I see these as exceptions to the rule rather than the rule. If OU puts up 400-500 yards on us Saturday, the game won't even be close even if our D bends but doesn't break.

Agree.

I guess I was just making the point that it's not always the case. :thumbs