Don't Tell This Guy To "Sit Down"

He was also a large fan. We were sitting about 12 or 13 rows behind him and it took like 2 LPD officers and a State T to haul him out of the stands.

:cop:

do you have any info regarding the fan he punched?

side note, there is a section where you can stand all you want and you will actually be frowned upon for sitting.....

its called the student section.

We need to round up all these people that don't want to stand at all and make a "no standing allowed" section for them.

As bad as it sounds, I would almost have to agree. I feel like an a-hole every time I want to stand and cheer. I pretty much wait until the people ahead of me decide to stand up.

Some day my young lads you will be there, trust me. And you are die hard Husker fans, and you will go to the game for as long as you possibly can. Imagine 40 years from now when you have supported the Huskers every week end, buying season tickest for years and years, sending in money for the program. Your there with your granddaughter and she can not see because some ass, drunk out of his mind yelling curse words because you asked him politely to set so they could see the game.

It will happen, it always does. The seats are there for a reason. You do not stand at a movie when you are excited, you do not stand when you are with your wife or girlfriend in bed and are excited, I would assume. You do not have to be standing to support our Huskers. I stand every single game, but I consider others, some on here need to learn that lesson. As you will all be faced with it someday. Yours is not the only correct way.

Like your mother and father taught you growing up. Respect your elders, or at least that is the way I was raised in Nebraska.

If it was your grandparents behind you would you stand and block their view. Would you tell them to get their old asses out of the seat and go home? Would you use your special words on them. Just curious.

Some day my young lads you will be there, trust me. And you are die hard Husker fans, and you will go to the game for as long as you possibly can. Imagine 40 years from now when you have supported the Huskers every week end, buying season tickest for years and years, sending in money for the program. Your there with your granddaughter and she can not see because some ass, drunk out of his mind yelling curse words because you asked him politely to set so they could see the game.

It will happen, it always does. The seats are there for a reason. You do not stand at a movie when you are excited, you do not stand when you are with your wife or girlfriend in bed and are excited, I would assume. You do not have to be standing to support our Huskers. I stand every single game, but I consider others, some on here need to learn that lesson. As you will all be faced with it someday. Yours is not the only correct way.

Like your mother and father taught you growing up. Respect your elders, or at least that is the way I was raised in Nebraska.

If it was your grandparents behind you would you stand and block their view. Would you tell them to get their old asses out of the seat and go home? Would you use your special words on them. Just curious.

You're slapping your self-righteous brush around pretty wide, like you normally do. I would be surprised if any of us here are talking about standing all game outside the student section or not taking anyone else into consideration. But let me tell you what you can do with that self-righteous brush of yours...

He was also a large fan. We were sitting about 12 or 13 rows behind him and it took like 2 LPD officers and a State T to haul him out of the stands.

:cop:

do you have any info regarding the fan he punched?

side note, there is a section where you can stand all you want and you will actually be frowned upon for sitting.....

its called the student section.

No. My attention was drawn right after it happened and all I really saw was the cops running from the North end of the stadium to grab the guy. I didn't see anyone who looked injured get up and leave. The dude was probably too drunk to get in a solid punch.

Stadium conflict results in man hauled to Detox

A dispute over whether or not it is acceptable to stand up during the football game resulted in University Police arresting a man for third-degree assault on Saturday.

Carl Oestmann, director of patrol operations for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Police Department, said Alan Sharp, a 28-year-old man from Omaha, allegedly punched someone who was sitting behind him after the person told Sharp to sit down.

Sharp was ejected and taken to Detox where he registered a .257 BAC. In all, UNL police ejected or denied admission to 56 people at the game on Saturday, mostly for drunken behavior, Oestmann said. He added that at least 15 were UNL students.

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/news/cops-br...ov-10-1.2058825

your thoughts?

About time somebody went to jail for standing up in somebody's way. How the hell you supposed to see the game when some knucklehead is standing in your way. Hope they keep him in jail until after the football season is over so he does not do this crap again!!

Elby,

Not self righteous at all,

Just telling you that you will see things different as you grow older.

I told you I stand at every game I go to. I am 62 years old closing on 63. I normally try to set next to the student section because I love their excitement, enthusiasim. I can still stand and I have no problems with people standing as long as they consider others.

If somene stands in front of me I have no problem if I do not want to. It has happened.

I had a great grand father that went to every single game for his whole life. His final days were in a wheel chair that he hated so bad he would cry when he had to be wheeled into the game. Why, because he became a problem for the others going to the game. But his love for his team brought him back until the day he died. He would not miss a Husker game.

You're slapping your self-righteous brush around pretty wide, like you normally do. I would be surprised if any of us here are talking about standing all game outside the student section or not taking anyone else into consideration. But let me tell you what you can do with that self-righteous brush of yours...

Elby,

I have done as you suggested. I have quit going to the games I love because I am so old that I can't see over the standers.

Well, let's start with this...being old does not necessarily make that person right. I can introduce you to a lot of old people that are wrong far more often than they are right. They do deserve respect, though, just like everyone else does right up until the point where they prove they do not deserve it.

The rest I'm not going to bother with since you seem to be contradicting yourself.

Elby,

I have done as you suggested. I have quit going to the games I love because I am so old that I can't see over the standers.

My suggestion would fix that. You could get seats in an area that did not allow standing at all.

I like this one better:

Officers found Gerhold, who is from Columbus, and removed him from the game. He was acting belligerent and telling the officers they should be ashamed for removing a “true fan,” Flood said.

true fan. :rollin:rollin:rollin

He was cited for refusing to comply with a police order, resisting arrest and possession of a gambling device and was taken to Detox.