Steven M. Sipple: Pelini wants NU offense to be flexible

funny how the slant is on the reporters and not what was reported.

i think Bo is covering for Wats, but i also think he (Wats) is in cally's shoes right now....either produce in the last 3 games or get ready to hit the road....i don't expect to see Wats here next year, at ;east hopefully not......losing Cotton would not be a bad thing either.

To me the biggest gripe you can level at Sipple (and Christopherson, and McKeever, and Rosenthal, and Heinrich... not sure how you differentiate between them all when they cover the same team from the same news organization) is that they put the kid gloves on too much. I guess that's because they work in such close proximity with the coaches, even Callahan's regime, that they feel like they can't burn bridges by exposing too much.

That's not a Sipple problem, that's a problem with everyone who covers Husker football, though. "Telling it like it is" is a pretty broad statement. If you've got specific examples I'd love to hear them. From what I've read, Shatel tells it like he sees it without a lot of proof. He's as much of an "insider" as the people who post here, and he has generally less proof. Christopherson is a good writer and a fine journalist, but he's no different than Sipple in "telling it like it is."

Journalism is all about cultivated relationships. Nebraska football is Sipple's bread and butter. Yeah, he could expose a lot of things, and he'd get great readership on those articles, but he'd be persona non grata at every news conference from that day forward, pretty much killing the duck that lays the golden egg for him, and potentially the rest of his staff.

Let's put it this way - I talked to Sip at the tailgate and asked him some specific questions about some specific situations with the program. 1) He knows the real story on all of the things I asked him about, and 2) he won't disclose them in the Sports Section because (surmising here) it's not worth one story to destroy a source.

Now, you want to proffer Shatel as a "better" journalist than Sipple, and I'll question your sanity. Christopherson... again, I like Brian, and for a brief moment I got to meet and greet with him at the tailgate as well, but "better" than Sipple? I don't see it, and I don't see at all how he "tells it like it is" more than Sipple. Their take on things is largely similar, especially since they run their articles through the same editorial filter. Dirk Chatelain? I like what I've read from him, but I can't speak authoritatively on him as a writer. Lee Barfknecht is pretty much a potzer, and frankly I've seen little from him that makes him a "good" journalist. He's average.

Bottom line - if you're going to proffer the notion that criticism = "good journalist" then you're not talking sense.

Nice story. Danielle Steel, Dr. Suess, and Jackie Collins look out.

Nice story. John Grisham look out.

Thanks. I do try to entertain. And I dig the whole Perez Hilton critic thing you've got going with the local media. You should expound a little more, though. I'm pretty much desperate for entertainment, and you're not giving me much.

You constantly getting schooled isn't really entertaining for you. That's clear. But your entertainment is not what we are here for.

Thanks. I do try to entertain. And I dig the whole Perez Hilton critic thing you've got going with the local media. You should expound a little more, though. I'm pretty much desperate for entertainment, and you're not giving me much.

You constantly getting schooled isn't really entertaining for you. That's clear. But your entertainment is not what we are here for.

I'm not going to argue with you. You have your opinion on reporters and I'm not going to try to change your mind. It doesn't change how anyone else sees them. Why you want to turn opinion into a pissing contest is beyond me - but not surprising.

I'm not going to argue with you. You have your opinion on reporters and I'm not going to try to change your mind. It doesn't change how anyone else sees them. Why you want to turn opinion into a pissing contest is beyond me - but not surprising.

It's your best move

Are you kidding me? You are Internet King of creating pissing contests however you rarely bring anything to the table other than to state an opinion, make a smart a$$ comment or two, then tap out. At least you are consistent.

We get it, you went to a tail gate party with Sipple and you feel compelled to defend his work. Good for you.

You are the one that called me out. When I stated the realties you then got all salty. If you can't handle being told what's what, then don't call others out.

It's your best move

Are you kidding me? You are Internet King of creating pissing contests however you rarely bring anything to the table other than to state an opinion, make a smart a$$ comment or two, then tap out. At least you are consistent.

We get it, you went to a tail gate party with Sipple and you feel compelled to defend his work. Good for you.

You are the one that called me out. When I stated the realties you then got all salty. If you can't handle being told what's what, then don't call others out.

The point is, you're not worth arguing with. :)

It's your best move

Another nice tap out. Are you posting while at work? If so, do yourself a favor and go back to work.

It's your best move

Another nice tap out. Are you posting while at work? If so, do yourself a favor and go back to work.

Been nice chatting with you. I hope you have a good day, Vince. ;)

It's your best move

Been nice chatting with you. I hope you have a good day, Vince. ;)

:laughpound