KU Fans . . . where are you?

carlfense

It seemed like there were a lot of actively posting KU fans here in the pre-season . . . and when KU was 5-0. Now they are scarce. We play you guys this weekend! Let's talk about it.

Here are my thoughts:

First, I have no idea how this game will turn out. If our defense gives up 21 points to you I doubt we win . . . unless the defense gets some points on turnovers. You've been held to less than 21 by most good defenses you've played, so I like our chances there.

KU appears to be a more balanced team than Nebraska. You have a good offense and a mediocre (at best) defense. On a ten point scale I'd give your offense about a 7 . . . and your defense a 3 or 4.

NU is decidedly unbalanced. I'd give our defense a 9 or 10 . . . and our offense a 1 or 2.

I guess if you average out those numbers our teams are overall roughly equal. That makes this an extremely tricky game to pick. Going with the old "defenses win championships" adage, I'm guessing Nebraska wins. Losing wouldn't be a huge surprise though given how bad the offense has played. I won't even try a score prediction.

Your thoughts?

My guess is Husker fans will outnumber Jayhawk fans on Saturday. This is the migration game and there will be more red than blue.. should be interesting.

We win by 24 thanks to a homefield advantage/world class defense

They do seem to have jumped ship quickly. I guess being a basketball school will do that to you? :dunno

My guess is Husker fans will outnumber Jayhawk fans on Saturday. This is the migration game and there will be more red than blue.. should be interesting.

We win by 24 thanks to a homefield advantage/world class defense

Dont know if that will be true... last three times down at Lawrence I have been there. KU fans were in force for the most 2 recent games at KU, but who knows. Last I heard there were still tickets available... I guess the KU ticket office finally realized that they can NOT charge whatever they want for Nebraska tickets. $95 each is way too much, plus, at the start of the season they were forcing you to buy a 3 game package for $150 to get the ONE ticket for the NU game... even the tickets say $90 face value on them.

We will see if the greed at KU will affect attendance, something tells me it will.

My sister in law lives in Lawrence. Last night she told my wife that the KU faithful are now focusing on basketball.

good news!! I will be cheering ballz out (figuritively speaking of course - no rocking out with my c*ck out this saturday) for NU from the first row in section 2.

GO BIG RED!!

:1000

It seemed like there were a lot of actively posting KU fans here in the pre-season . . . and when KU was 5-0. Now they are scarce. We play you guys this weekend! Let's talk about it.

Here are my thoughts:

First, I have no idea how this game will turn out. If our defense gives up 21 points to you I doubt we win . . . unless the defense gets some points on turnovers. You've been held to less than 21 by most good defenses you've played, so I like our chances there.

KU appears to be a more balanced team than Nebraska. You have a good offense and a mediocre (at best) defense. On a ten point scale I'd give your offense about a 7 . . . and your defense a 3 or 4.

NU is decidedly unbalanced. I'd give our defense a 9 or 10 . . . and our offense a 1 or 2.

I guess if you average out those numbers our teams are overall roughly equal. That makes this an extremely tricky game to pick. Going with the old "defenses win championships" adage, I'm guessing Nebraska wins. Losing wouldn't be a huge surprise though given how bad the offense has played. I won't even try a score prediction.

Your thoughts?

There are three different aspects of football: offense, defense, and special teams. Yeah, both of our teams' offense and defense may average out to be the same, but NU has excellent special teams. That's how we have a chance to win the rest of our games: great defense and great special teams.

Hopefully it works.

And I have noticed that the Jayhawk fans are just about gone too. Earlier on this year they were actively posting and I remember last year during game week, there were alot of KU fans in here posting. Very interesting how things change so quickly.

Here are my thoughts:

Your thoughts?

There are three different aspects of football: offense, defense, and special teams. Yeah, both of our teams' offense and defense may average out to be the same, but NU has excellent special teams. That's how we have a chance to win the rest of our games: great defense and great special teams.

Hopefully it works.

And I have noticed that the Jayhawk fans are just about gone too. Earlier on this year they were actively posting and I remember last year during game week, there were alot of KU fans in here posting. Very interesting how things change so quickly.

Oops. Left out the special teams. Good catch.

This Jayhawk fan is still here alive and well. But like the others, we're all a little shocked on how this season got away from us so quickly. "History in the Making" was the quote we heard all preseason from the KU Athletic Dept, along with sky rocketing ticket prices. We all bought the bogus goods that Lew was selling and now we're basically in a free fall after losing to those purple queers to the west.

The true fans, like myself, will be there in full force. Rest assured we will have mote fans than u, but not like 2 years ago. We now play the role of spoiler, just hoping to become bowl eligible at this point. Who knows, maybe the team will play better in this role, maybe they won't. We'll see on Saturday!