corner recruiting

I was just looking at the corner commits we have had during pelini's tenure compared to what we were getting with the previous staff. Its obvious that pelini really understands that pelini sees the need to match up wr on wr. In pelini's 2.5 years of recruiting we have 9 cb commits with the possibility of one more while during callahans tenure we had 7 during 3 full recruiting classes. The reason I bring this up is bc i can remember playing ickes and mckeon out on slot wr's bc we didnt have anyone at corner to play. this year it's obvious its been beneficial to have gomes and hagg (I realize cally recruited him but I don't think for corner) out on the slots instead of having LB's attempting to cover them.

Hagg should count as a Callahan recruit. As should Prince! if you weren't counting him. Wasn't he working as a DB all the way?

I'm curious what the numbers on CB were coming in. Perhaps we had corners when Callahan took over and just didn't have room to take too many. And with graduation, and the fact that some of Cally's guys were JUCO, we have had a bigger need for corner since Bo took over?

Who are Cally's 7 though? Don't forget Callahan also had a couple corners unfortunately not make it, some of them last minute. Whitmore was a Callahan corner, and then there was David Ross. I think there was another guy that decommitted last minute, wasn't there? 2006 cycle. But I forget his name.

Hagg, Prince, Shawn Sullivan, Anthony Blue, Anthony West, Andre Jones, Zack Bowman, Armando Murillo...then it's kind of hard becomes I don't know what position some of these guys (West) were recruited for, and how you'd want to count corner vs Safety, etc.

Hagg should count as a Callahan recruit. As should Prince! if you weren't counting him. Wasn't he working as a DB all the way?

I'm curious what the numbers on CB were coming in. Perhaps we had corners when Callahan took over and just didn't have room to take too many. And with graduation, and the fact that some of Cally's guys were JUCO, we have had a bigger need for corner since Bo took over?

Who are Cally's 7 though? Don't forget Callahan also had a couple corners unfortunately not make it, some of them last minute. Whitmore was a Callahan corner, and then there was David Ross. I think there was another guy that decommitted last minute, wasn't there? 2006 cycle. But I forget his name.

Hagg, Prince, Shawn Sullivan, Anthony Blue, Anthony West, Andre Jones, Zack Bowman, Armando Murillo...then it's kind of hard becomes I don't know what position some of these guys (West) were recruited for, and how you'd want to count corner vs Safety, etc.

Well Whitmore would have been a Bo recruit, was a non-qualifier in Bo's first class. Here are the Defensive Back Recruits for Bo up to date.

Justin Rogers - CB, left the team

Alfonso Dennard - CB

PJ Smith - Safety

Mason Wald - Safety, left the team

David Whitmore - CB, academic non-qualifier

John Levorson - Safety?, left the team

Courtney Osborne - Safety

Dejon Gomes - CB, JUCO 3/2 guy

Andrew Green - CB

Lazarri Middleton - CB

Dijon Washington - Safety

-Not to mention Taylor Martinez who may end up at Safety

Ciante Evans - CB

Harvey Jackson - Safety?

Joshua Mitchell - CB

Tyler Evans - Safety?

-Seems they want 1 more Safety in this class.

Breaking it all down Bo has recruited 8 CB's by my count and 7 Safeties (8 if they get 1 more in this class and 9 if T-Mart ends up there). 2 of the CB's have left or didn't make it, and 2 Safeties have left (All in the 2008 transition class).

Well Whitmore would have been a Bo recruit, was a non-qualifier in Bo's first class. Here are the Defensive Back Recruits for Bo up to date.

Alfonso Dennard - CB

PJ Smith - Safety

Andrew Green - CB

Lazarri Middleton - CB

Ciante Evans - CB

Harvey Jackson - Safety?

Joshua Mitchell - CB

Tyler Evans - Safety?

Breaking it all down Bo has recruited 8 CB's by my count and 7 Safeties (8 if they get 1 more in this class and 9 if T-Mart ends up there). 2 of the CB's have left or didn't make it, and 2 Safeties have left (All in the 2008 transition class).

The hashed-together first-class's db's have been a mixed-bag, we couldn't have seen the attitude problems costing us Rogers and Levorson. Both could have really contributed. They knew what they were getting in Wald, a Rigoni-type, but he wanted more and isn't really missed. Dennard and PJ are the real deal.

Last class looks dang salty. Gomes is already contributing and I see Middleton, Green, and Washington all playing. TayMart could be very good if he moves.

I think both Jackson and Evans will play safety. I know folks have reservations about Evans but he runs a legit 4.4, has a 36" vertical, has good height at 6'2", and is smart enough to have a Princeton offer. Redshirt and put some meat on his bones, he can be a player.

Alfonso Dennard - CB

PJ Smith - Safety

Andrew Green - CB

Lazarri Middleton - CB

Ciante Evans - CB

Harvey Jackson - Safety?

Joshua Mitchell - CB

Tyler Evans - Safety?

The hashed-together first-class's db's have been a mixed-bag, we couldn't have seen the attitude problems costing us Rogers and Levorson. Both could have really contributed. They knew what they were getting in Wald, a Rigoni-type, but he wanted more and isn't really missed. Dennard and PJ are the real deal.

Last class looks dang salty. Gomes is already contributing and I see Middleton, Green, and Washington all playing. TayMart could be very good if he moves.

I think both Jackson and Evans will play safety. I know folks have reservations about Evans but he runs a legit 4.4, has a 36" vertical, has good height at 6'2", and is smart enough to have a Princeton offer. Redshirt and put some meat on his bones, he can be a player.

I agree that Evans can be a good to great player at Safety.