AL Manager of the Year

walksalone

When I'd heard that Mike Scioscia had won it, I just shook my head. Granted, the Adenhart thing was tragic, but the rest of his team is pretty solid. I'm going to solidify my DBHOF status, but Adenhart was a reliever, he wasn't a closer. He was a young man with a promising career, who lost his life way to early.

But to give Scioscia Manager of the Year??? Are you f*cking kidding me??

Ron Gardenhire deserves it wayyyy more than Scioscia. He lost Mauer with what, something like a month and a half to go in the season. Not to mention, the last month of the season, he's running these kids out to the mound with most of America asking, "who the hell is that"? And they still made the playoffs.

Gardenhire impressed the sh*t outta me as a manager

To be honest I would give it to Scoscia. He does it year after year and makes brilliant moves. What he was able to do with his team after the Adenhart tragedy was incredible. He doesn't have a big ego too which I like.

Yeah, but look at the guys on his team???? What role was Adenhart gonna play, if he hadn't tragically passed away??? He'd have been a reliever, that's it.

Gardenhire had NOBODY. 99% of america couldn't even name most of his rotation the last month of the season.

Yet once again, Gardenhire loses to Mr. Overrated

To be honest I would give it to Scoscia. He does it year after year and makes brilliant moves. What he was able to do with his team after the Adenhart tragedy was incredible. He doesn't have a big ego too which I like.

Yeah, but look at the guys on his team???? What role was Adenhart gonna play, if he hadn't tragically passed away??? He'd have been a reliever, that's it.

Gardenhire had NOBODY. 99% of america couldn't even name most of his rotation the last month of the season.

Since when is the AL MVP a NOBODY?

Yeah, ONE guy!?!?!?!?

Who was in the rotation wise ass???

Yeah, ONE guy!?!?!?!?

They had a pretty good rotation. Scott Baker is a beast. Slowey went 10-3 this year which is amazing and Blackburn isn't bad at all. Also when Liriano is on he is one of the best pitchers in the league. Pavano was also decent for the Twins while he was there. He got the job done. I don't know why you would think their rotation would be hard to name???

Also I will say this again, how can you say Cuddyer, Span, and Morneau who won the MVP in 06 is Nobody. They have a good team.

• 2 months later...

He didnt lose Mauer for the last month, he lost Morneau who wasnt very productive and was in a late season slump.

Losing Morneau was a blessing in disguise because Cuddyer thrived at 1st base. I love Gardy, and have been a Twins fan all my life but he takes decent talent and gets them to win the division and do nothing when it matters.

He will have a solid team this year with 3B being the only weakness.

Yeah, ONE guy!?!?!?!?

They had a pretty good rotation. Scott Baker is a beast. Slowey went 10-3 this year which is amazing and Blackburn isn't bad at all. Also when Liriano is on he is one of the best pitchers in the league. Pavano was also decent for the Twins while he was there. He got the job done. I don't know why you would think their rotation would be hard to name???

Also I will say this again, how can you say Cuddyer, Span, and Morneau who won the MVP in 06 is Nobody. They have a good team.

Scott Baker is not a beast. He has a few decent outings, but he chokes under pressure and will never give you a big time performance. Slowey was hurt since July which killed the rotation. Blackburn struggled some, but he is still talented. Pavano was the reason the Twins won the divsion in the and cabrera and rousch were both amazing players.

Saying Mauer is the only good player is BS tho. Cuddyer, Kubel and Span are amazing players. Delmon young is not as bad as some think

Yeah, ONE guy!?!?!?!?

Scott Baker is not a beast. He has a few decent outings, but he chokes under pressure and will never give you a big time performance. Slowey was hurt since July which killed the rotation. Blackburn struggled some, but he is still talented. Pavano was the reason the Twins won the divsion in the and cabrera and rousch were both amazing players.

Saying Mauer is the only good player is BS tho. Cuddyer, Kubel and Span are amazing players. Delmon young is not as bad as some think

Delmon Young...didn't he have a couple run-ins with umps in the minor leagues or something? Name sounds familiar, just asking..

• 2 weeks later...

When I'd heard that Mike Scioscia had won it, I just shook my head. Granted, the Adenhart thing was tragic, but the rest of his team is pretty solid. I'm going to solidify my DBHOF status, but Adenhart was a reliever, he wasn't a closer. He was a young man with a promising career, who lost his life way to early.

But to give Scioscia Manager of the Year??? Are you f*cking kidding me??

Ron Gardenhire deserves it wayyyy more than Scioscia. He lost Mauer with what, something like a month and a half to go in the season. Not to mention, the last month of the season, he's running these kids out to the mound with most of America asking, "who the hell is that"? And they still made the playoffs.

Gardenhire impressed the sh*t outta me as a manager

Ron and Tom Kelly both have done incredibly well with what the owner has given them. I have to think that the only reason they don't get more recognition is because they are so consistantly good.

T_O_B

:cheers