Student Section Question

Schu

hey guys, first post here. I'm a student at Northwestern College in Orange City, Iowa, and a friend and I have 2 student section tickets for the KState game(he's friends w/ a nebraska student who wasn't using the 2 tickets). He was telling me that security doesn't check student ID's if you go in the "first wave." I was just wondering if any students or alums on here know if this works. Yes, I know about the ticket verification thing but I don't want to pay an extra 40 bucks...Sorry if this is been asked, I searched for it but couldn't find anything

Good luck! Just remember that if they look closely at the ID's and realize they aren't yours they will (1) not let you into the game, (2) confiscate the ID's, and (3) the ID owner might get in a bit of trouble. I've only seen it happen twice, but keep it in mind.

Edit: Also they are more likely to check your ID's carefully if the names on the ID's don't match the names on the tickets. That said, this is just a worst case scenario type of warning. You will probably be fine.

Sorry man, you have to validate it. (ESPECIALLY if they are east stadium).

Very important to make a distinction between South and East.

If your tickets are east, good luck getting in with someone else's ID (unless they look like you). You have to go through a tent where they check your ID and Ticket to make sure the names match and give you a wristband. If they don't match, you have to go through a separate gate to get your wristband, where they scan your ID to make sure you are a full time student. Once you have your wristband, you no longer need an ID. They will check for wristbands and scan tickets when you go through the gate.

South (where your tickets are most likely located) is just a mess.

Good luck! Just remember that if they look closely at the ID's and realize they aren't yours they will (1) not let you into the game, (2) confiscate the ID's, and (3) the ID owner might get in a bit of trouble. I've only seen it happen twice, but keep it in mind.

Edit: Also they are more likely to check your ID's carefully if the names on the ID's don't match the names on the tickets. That said, this is just a worst case scenario type of warning. You will probably be fine.

Carlfense is spot on here.

The ticket checkers can be little b@st@rds about everything.

You may not want to spend the extra 40 bucks, but if you want a hassle free experience and no risk then just validate it.

If we try and get in without ID's and get caught, do they confiscate the tickets? Or can we just go and validate them if we get caught?

I doubt they will confiscate the tickets, but I honestly don't know because I don't know anybody who has personally been caught.

My best guess is they will tell you that you cannot get in because it is not your ticket and it must be validated.