Can we hire Kansas' offensive lines coach?

You're right. Barney Cotton has done an 'excellent job in all areas'. Its absolutely stupid of me to suggest that he needs to be replaced

or, you could find one of the 30 other threads talking about how we need to replace cotton, and post this there.. or if you wanna take fat stabs at mangino, theres a 7 page long thread about that. also, Gixxer's post about "when watson is fired" is ridiculous.

you assume the facepalm is just to you.

You're right. Barney Cotton has done an 'excellent job in all areas'. Its absolutely stupid of me to suggest that he needs to be replaced

or, you could find one of the 30 other threads talking about how we need to replace cotton, and post this there.. or if you wanna take fat stabs at mangino, theres a 7 page long thread about that. also, Gixxer's post about "when watson is fired" is ridiculous.

But are any of those 30 other threads suggesting an actual replacement? I'm being serious, why not look into hiring this guy (especially considering Mangino may get fired)? I was impressed with the way Kansas' O-Line (& I doubt Kansas' O-Line recruits are any better than ours) played against our D-Line. They looked very well coached. Our offensive line (coached by Barney Cotton), on the other hand, is undisciplined & missed blocking assignments seem to have become the norm

So instead of just :facepalm: maybe you could explain why my suggestion is so 'stupid' or whatever you feel about it

Edited by AngryHusker88

But are any of those 30 other threads suggesting an actual replacement? I'm being serious, why not look into hiring this guy (especially considering Mangino may get fired)? I was impressed with the way Kansas' O-Line (& I doubt Kansas' O-Line recruits are any better than ours) played against our D-Line. They looked very well coached. Our offensive line (coached by Barney Cotton), on the other hand, is undisciplined & missed blocking assignments seem to have become the norm

So instead of just :facepalm: maybe you could explain why my suggestion is so 'stupid' or whatever you feel about it

You are dead on right. The way I look at it is Nebraska will never win a national championship as long as Watson and Cotton are coaching here. The huskers will be average at best. But with Coach Mangino's great knowledge of the game, especially offense, we could go to the top in 2 or 3 years with some halfway decent recruiting. Mangino forgot more about football than either Watson or Cotton will EVER know...

There O line was SOOOOOOOO good last year too...

remember when they dominated us in Lincoln last year? ohhh, reesing could barely walk after the game, but I bet that had more to do with a nasty fall he took when he was hammered the night before.

This year, It was just a case of us coming out a little flat, and them being focused and executing at home, their last home game, and on senior day.