Wats wrong with the option?

dergibog

There is nothing wrong with the option pass, and it's great when it is run successfully. Our o-line just continues to prove, however, that they can't consistently block well enough for any given play to work more than once.

There's your answer, and it's a pretty simple one.

Our o-line wasn't the problem on that option pass. I can recall 2 option pass this year and we are 1 or 2. I was watching Bo talk us through the KSU game last night. He said that the corner blitz that KSU called was the only play the we couldn't run the option pass against. He said it would have been open, but there was no one "available" to pick up the blitz. For once it wasn't the o-line's fault

I agree. Perfect Call and the Perfect Time by KSU.

Yes kudos to them. I was impressed by Snyder for the most part. He kept his team in the game.

the problem with the option is the same problem with all the other plays we run, they just aren't run crisp and perfect across the board like a single unit playing than a group of players, which is what you need. I think it stems from trying to a jack of all trades offense, so we don't have anything that we have fine tuned enough for this level of football. Everything just looks half assed, like the players are told "you just run this way and then pitch the ball" and nothing more. But that goes for pretty much everything.