NU-TU: Keys to the Game?

craigsker

I would say pressure pressure pressure, if Nebraska can get 5+ sacks on McCoy an twice as many hits then that will force McCoy to make some poor decisions. On the opposite side of the ball Nebraska will need to commit themselves to the run and not abandon it, don't get too enamored with last night, Muschamp is one of the best defensive coordinators in the game and he will be better prepared next week. Defensive pressure and ball control offense will be the keys for a Nebraska win.

It will be exactly like the OU game, except Texas will score a lot more and we will score 10 again.

Our offense will need gift wrapped red zone turnovers to have any hope for scoring 10 or more points.

Did any of you watch the TU/TA&M game last night? A&M moved the ball all over the Longhorns and I don't want to here how freaking much better A&M's offense is than ours, THEY SUCK PEOPLE!!! A&M has been the whipping boy for pretty much all the Big 12 south this year. I think Texas has shown several times this year that they can be very suspect and not the Goliath that some make them out to be. After watching last nights game, our D will give McCoy and Co. major fits next week. TU's defense was very susceptible to a good running game and our O is getting better. Either way, we almost always play them very close even when we were way down (07). I am hearing more and more commentators say that the Huskers have a legitimate shot at winning this. At the half of the Cinci/Illinois game they were talking about it and said that the Huskers could pull it off, especially after watching last nights game.

It will be exactly like the OU game, except Texas will score a lot more and we will score 10 again.

Our offense will need gift wrapped red zone turnovers to have any hope for scoring 10 or more points.

Did any of you watch the TU/TA&M game last night? A&M moved the ball all over the Longhorns and I don't want to here how freaking much better A&M's offense is than ours, THEY SUCK PEOPLE!!! A&M has been the whipping boy for pretty much all the Big 12 south this year. I think Texas has shown several times this year that they can be very suspect and not the Goliath that some make them out to be. After watching last nights game, our D will give McCoy and Co. major fits next week. TU's defense was very susceptible to a good running game and our O is getting better. Either way, we almost always play them very close even when we were way down (07). I am hearing more and more commentators say that the Huskers have a legitimate shot at winning this. At the half of the Cinci/Illinois game they were talking about it and said that the Huskers could pull it off, especially after watching last nights game.

aTm skill positions on offense >>> NU skill positions. No way to spin it sir . . . A&M's QB and WR's are wayyy better than ours.

aTm skill positions on offense >>> NU skill positions. No way to spin it sir . . . A&M's QB and WR's are wayyy better than ours.

We will see!!! :) I'll take our record over theirs any day of the week, no way to spin that either. We can very well beat Texas and I am not the only one saying it by any means.

We will see!!! :) I'll take our record over theirs any day of the week, no way to spin that either. We can very well beat Texas and I am not the only one saying it by any means.

I'm not saying that I don't think we have a shot to beat Texas. I'm just saying that if we do . . . odds are very good that we do it on the back of our defense . . . not on winning a shootout as Texas A&M almost did. I'll take Jerrod Johnson and the A&M receivers over Lee/Green and Paul/Holt/Gilleylen any day of the week.

I'm not saying that I don't think we have a shot to beat Texas. I'm just saying that if we do . . . odds are very good that we do it on the back of our defense . . . not on winning a shootout as Texas A&M almost did. I'll take Jerrod Johnson and the A&M receivers over Lee/Green and Paul/Holt/Gilleylen any day of the week.

Granted, I'll give you that. What excited me though was how A&M ran the ball so well against them. If the Huskers can keep improving the ground game, it could get very interesting.

Granted, I'll give you that. What excited me though was how A&M ran the ball so well against them. If the Huskers can keep improving the ground game, it could get very interesting.

but it was with Johnson scrambling where they got their rushing yards it wasn't really with their runningbacks

All the watching of any game you want is not going to change the fact that our offensive execution is still incosistent (at best). And that's no surprise...you don't just fix that in the middle of the season.

Defense looked fairly flat against Colorado (again, not surprising considering it was pretty much a trap game). They'll play better against Texas, but our offense will struggle to put enough points on the board without some help from Texas.

We must win the TOP battle. Keep the horns offense off the field and we'll have a shot at an upset. Big plays (Mc-to-ship) and missed tackles will kill us.

For the love of all things red, don't make Lee run!!! HE'S NOT A RUNNER!!

Absolutley must take advantage of any opportunity at a turnover. We're going to need at least two, maybe even +3 to be in this thing.

We win TOP, get a couple of turnovers, and have a better than good day of rushing, we're in this thing.

GBR

PS: Screw the buffs. I hope we shut them out and hang 24 on em. :laughpound

I hope we dont see Cody Green have to run either

All the watching of any game you want is not going to change the fact that our offensive execution is still incosistent (at best). And that's no surprise...you don't just fix that in the middle of the season.

Defense looked fairly flat against Colorado (again, not surprising considering it was pretty much a trap game). They'll play better against Texas, but our offense will struggle to put enough points on the board without some help from Texas.

i think our offense has at least found an identity. we will definitely need a breakout game though.

If aTm has such good skill positions how come their record sucks??????????