So I get home, turn on the TV, and ESPN is sitting there with Mike & Mike and a couple of stiffs, with one of the stiffs saying that Stoops going to Notre Dame is a big topic... in the NFL (which apparently is his beat).

I know they've got to keep my eyeballs glued to their channel 24/7, but this is kind of ridiculous, especially in the face of yet another article:

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- It didn't take Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops long to take himself out of the running for the Notre Dame job.

Stoops said Monday he plans to stay at Oklahoma "hopefully for a good while" and won't be interviewing for any coaching positions after his worst regular season in 11 years with the Sooners.

"What I'm saying is I'm going to be at Oklahoma next year, so I can't be in two places at once," Stoops said on a conference call.

Stoops' name surfaced weeks ago as a potential replacement for Charlie Weis, who was fired Monday following five mostly lackluster seasons at Notre Dame. Stoops responded to the earlier reports by saying "Notre Dame has a coach, and I have a great job" -- a comment some believed left the door open for him to leave once Weis was fired.

Stoops left no doubt this time.

"I fully intend to be at Oklahoma, and hopefully for a good while," he said. "You never know what the good Lord brings you but in the end I couldn't be more excited about -- even through a tough year -- the good, quality kids we're working with (and) the great people that I work with daily in our administration.

"I can't help what's said, but in the end, again, I couldn't be more excited and pleased about what we're doing here and what the future holds."

LINK

Regarding ESPN and especially Mike Golic, I don't see how he's even remotely objective. Not only is he a Notre Dame alum, but his son Mike Golic Jr. is currently a Sophomore and was recruited by Weis.

saying he wont interview isnt saying much. if notre dame wants a guy like stoops, you dont interview him for the job. and if your in stoops position, if someone wants you bad enough, you laugh if they actually ask you to interview. if this happens, agents will make the deal, and that will be the end of it.

saying he wont interview isnt saying much. if notre dame wants a guy like stoops, you dont interview him for the job. and if your in stoops position, if someone wants you bad enough, you laugh if they actually ask you to interview. if this happens, agents will make the deal, and that will be the end of it.

Stoops isn't going anywhere. He received a 2 year extension on top of his already existing contract

Stoops is under contract with Oklahoma through the end of 2015 after agreeing to a two-year extension earlier this year. That deal, loaded with incentives aimed at keeping him with the Sooners, is one of the richest in college football and would pay him more than $30 million -- or about $4.3 million annually -- if he were to stay for the full term.

Last year, he collected a $3 million bonus for remaining as the Sooners coach for 10 years. Under the new contract, Stoops receives a $700,000 stay bonus at the end of every year with an additional $800,000 -- for a total of $1.5 million -- if he is still the Sooners' coach on Jan. 1, 2011.

The contract also includes incentives for championships, bowl games and high graduation rates.

Mangino's nanny who is married to Hawkins aquarium guy who gets his haircut at the same place that Bo does heard from the janitor that Stoops is waiting for the slogan Touchdown Jesus to be changed into his name before he signs on the dotted line. And in red letters too. :worship

:dunno

GBR