What are u all freaking talking about. Everyone know the shoe in for the ND job is Tom Osborne...a man of wisdom and age is what they are looking for, they are saying screw the young guns....they are bringin in jo pa, switzer, and bowden and they are going to put together one of the best staffs in the nation....im feeling them reel off 5 national titles in a row....who wouldnt want to come play for these guys...

Just posted this in the Weis thread, should have posted it here....

Stoops is staying at Oklahoma. No surprise there...

Shortly after Charlie Weis was fired by Notre Dame, Bob Stoops took his name out of consideration for the Notre Dame job by announcing he will remain at Oklahoma.

"I intend to be at Oklahoma. That's the only (job) right now that I'm looking to do," said Stoops. "I'm going to be at Oklahoma next year. I can't be in two places at once."

Rumors surfaced on Saturday that Stoops would meet with Notre Dame officials on Sunday. But Monday afternoon Stoops would not confirm whether that meeting had taken place.

"I will never confirm or deny whether I talk or don't talk to anybody. I won't be interviewing for any jobs," he said.

LINK

espn just had joe schaad and someone else on and they said despite Stoops statement about not going to ND they are hearing from multiple sources that there is heavy interest from both sides and several people believe that it's a done deal with just some minor details to iron out. They also said that several nfl people also believe that the deal is done.