Accomplishments this Regular Season

SaturnDrew

The 9-3 regular season was the best record since 2006.

The margin of defeat in those 3 losses was a combined 24 points. The last time that our combined regular season margin of defeat was less was in 2000 when the two Husker losses combined for 18 points.

Nebraska was 2-1 in play versus the South Division. The last time Nebraska finished .500 or higher against South foes was 2001 when Nebraska went 3-0 against Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and Baylor.

Nebraska won all Big 12 Road games this season. The last time they won all Big 12 Road games was in 1997.

The Huskers finished the season by winning their final 5 Big 12 games. The last time the Huskers won 5 straight conference games was in 2001.

Point? Nebraska's headed in the right direction. Instead of bitching about our "anemic offense" or talking about who to fire from the staff, celebrate. The future is looking bright.

Go Big Red! Beat Texas!

The margin of defeat in those 3 losses was a combined 24 points. The last time that our combined regular season margin of defeat was less was in 2000 when the two Husker losses combined for 18 points.

Nebraska was 2-1 in play versus the South Division. The last time Nebraska finished .500 or higher against South foes was 2001 when Nebraska went 3-0 against Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and Baylor.

Nebraska won all Big 12 Road games this season. The last time they won all Big 12 Road games was in 1997.

The Huskers finished the season by winning their final 5 Big 12 games. The last time the Huskers won 5 straight conference games was in 2001.

Point? Nebraska's headed in the right direction. Instead of bitching about our "anemic offense" or talking about who to fire from the staff, celebrate. The future is looking bright.

Go Big Red! Beat Texas!

Nice. :thumbs

Go Big Red! Beat Texas!

Interesting stats. Thanks.

Go Big Red! Beat Texas!

Thank you!!! :clap:clap:clap Some around here will never be satisfied unless the Huskers repeat the 95 season over and over and over and over and over and over. I am proud of what they have accomplished and I remember two years ago when everyone was speculating how Bo's 1st couple of seasons would go, and not many if any expected 9-4 last year or that they could go 10-4 or even 11-3 this year.

Go Big Red! Beat Texas!

Man, well done finding that information! :thumbs There'll be more of that when we take Texas down. :w00t

Go Big Red! Beat Texas!

Man, well done finding that information! :thumbs There'll be more of that when we take Texas down. :w00t

This thread was way to positive ... thought I'd make it more realistic for the "critical" ...

The Huskers would be 11-1, having the best regular season since 2006 ... if it had not given up a last second TD to the Hokies and of course, the 7-9 loss to Iowa State where the Huskers fumbled the ball away eight times, three within the 10 yard line of Iowa State.

The margin of defeat in the one loss was 21 points (Texas Tech). And that is still less than our combined regular season margin of defeat was less was in 2000 when the two Husker losses combined for 18 points.

Overall Point ... the Huskers could be playing the Big 12 Championship, upon which if victorious after knocking off an undefeated Texas team, might just have the opportunity to take on Florida for a National Championship.

Now, for me, that isn't "bitching about our anemic offense" ... it's just frustration on what could have been so early in the "rebuilding project" an outcome I would have thought I could only dream of.

I am certainly pleased ... and yet bummed about what this season could have been ... now looking back.

SheepdogMark

Go Big Red! Beat Texas!

This thread was way to positive ... thought I'd make it more realistic for the "critical" ...

The Huskers would be 11-1, having the best regular season since 2006 ... if it had not given up a last second TD to the Hokies and of course, the 7-9 loss to Iowa State where the Huskers fumbled the ball away eight times, three within the 10 yard line of Iowa State.

The margin of defeat in the one loss was 21 points (Texas Tech). And that is still less than our combined regular season margin of defeat was less was in 2000 when the two Husker losses combined for 18 points.

Overall Point ... the Huskers could be playing the Big 12 Championship, upon which if victorious after knocking off an undefeated Texas team, might just have the opportunity to take on Florida for a National Championship.

Now, for me, that isn't "bitching about our anemic offense" ... it's just frustration on what could have been so early in the "rebuilding project" an outcome I would have thought I could only dream of.

I am certainly pleased ... and yet bummed about what this season could have been ... now looking back.

SheepdogMark

I made a comment a couple weeks ago in another thread saying that if we were to win out the rest of the season and finish 11-3, it'll go down as one of the weirdest yet most bittersweet seasons in Husker football history.

I never would have predicted that our defense would have turned into what it did in two years after seeing Cosgrove's last D. Back to back 9 win seasons with a chance for more is beyond what I expected. Heck, if our opponent melts down in our next game, we're not only in a BCS bowl, but we've also won 10 games with a shot at 11. That's obscene!

We've got some work ahead and it is going to be a multi-year project, but this staff has the ship turned around.

I very much like Watson and the power heavy formations. They are very fortunate to have Coach Brown. Our tight ends remind me of the road gaders who used to clear a path. With TO dropping off cookies, this could really evolve iinto a an unstoppable force.

And, with Bo's defense, if that happens it makes one droll with glee and anticipation! order restored :star:star:star:star:star:hellloooo:thumbs:woo:woo:cheers