Happy Alex Henery Day

JTrain

• 11 months later...

I think the thing that makes this so special is that after Joe took that sack on 3rd down, pretty much every husker fan in the country was wondering, "Great, are we going to go for it on 4th and a mile or are we going to punt and try to get the ball back?"

The thought of a field goal entered nobody's mind and then they come back from a commercial and the first thing you see is Alex Henery getting talked to...WHAT?! :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh

I think the thing that makes this so special is that after Joe took that sack on 3rd down, pretty much every husker fan in the country was wondering, "Great, are we going to go for it on 4th and a mile or are we going to punt and try to get the ball back?"

The thought of a field goal entered nobody's mind and then they come back from a commercial and the first thing you see is Alex Henery getting talked to...WHAT?! :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh

IIRC Joe took the sack on a second down and a medium range third down pass went incomplete. Could be wrong on that. I don't think we had the timeouts to get the ball back either, so punting was out...I figured we were going to go for it or something crazy like that because it looked out of range. If that field goal missed, it was over...just like if we had punted, it would be over, since CU would just kneel it out. A lot was riding on that kick.

That'll go down as one of the greatest moments in Husker history.

The polarity of this years ending versus last years ending. Even though we still won yesterday, I didn't like the way it ended with the last CU TD.

I really thought the TV announcers were going to talk more about that game and the way it ended. They briefly mentioned Henery's kick when they thought Pelini was to give Henery a shot at an even longer FG. But I agree, that was one of the best endings I've seen.

I was standing in line at Disneyland with my family watching that on my phone. Boy did I get some funny looks when that kick went through. I get goosebumps every time I watch that video. Just an amazing moment. I will miss that kid, and hope him the best in the NFL. As far as the awards go, what a freaking joke!

• 11 months later...