Gerhart

KansasHusker

Stanford has a freakin stud for a RB in Gerhart. I'm surprised he hasn't had more heisman talk about him. He made a case last night against ND. His go ahead TD last night, there was a safety on the goal line that let Gerhart score because he didn't want to get lit up. One of the funniest things I've seen all year on the football field. This guy has defenders scared of him. Crazy. Anyone else watch him dominate ND last night?

I did. He's a pounding runner, with great balance, power, and decent speed. He's really enjoyable to watch.

But on that last TD, I think the ND defense laid down to get the ball back and try to give their offense enough time to tie. I bet they didn't think they could keep Stanford out of the end zone, and even if they stopped them 3 times, Stanford would kick a FG with a few seconds left. It almost worked, but Claussen got sacked twice and that burned a lot of time. I have mixed feelings though, I don't think it sends a good message to your defense.

I am going to say it, would he get this much hype if he was black or is he getting a lot of attention for being perceived as the "great white hope"?

i don't care if his skin is green, you have to respect what this guy is doing on the field. they had a heisman stat comparison and his numbers were just as good, if not better than mark ingram's.

I am going to say it, would he get this much hype if he was black or is he getting a lot of attention for being perceived as the "great white hope"?

Well, he is actually leading the country in rushing and scoring.

Another guy with a similar style that I like watching is Anthony Dixon at Miss St. They were rarely on TV so he didn't get much exposure, but I think we'll be seeing him on Sundays.

Well, he is actually leading the country in rushing and scoring.

Another guy with a similar style that I like watching is Anthony Dixon at Miss St. They were rarely on TV so he didn't get much exposure, but I think we'll be seeing him on Sundays.

I am not discounting his ability but the recent fawning and accolades have been mind boggling, yeah he tore up Notre Dame's defense but who hasn't?