TCU SUPPORTS NEBRASKA

TCUBridges

TCU fans are funny.

Let's say that NU beats Texas and Bama loses to Florida. Cincy gets to play #14 Pitt while TCU is idle. TCU will be passed in the computers without a doubt. (SoS) They will also probably lose some human votes on the "out of sight, out of mind" factor if Cincy wins big. (See Texas, ou, Big 12 tie breaker, 2008) So you also have to hope that Cincy loses.

But wait...Bama would have lost to the #1 team in the country. How much do you think the computers will punish them for this? After #5 Texas beat #1 ou last year, ou was still ranked #3 in the computers. Is TCU's resume impressive enough to vault them above a 1-loss Bama that ran the SEC gauntlet? Especially if Bama's loss to Florida is close? This would be #2 losing to #1, not an "upset".

We haven't even touched on what would happen if Bama beat Florida yet...

Appreciate your BCS bowl and be thankful for it. Let the big boys finish this one out. It's not me being hateful, it's being realistic.

It could happen: http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/1045194...world,-unless-..

TCU fans are funny.

Let's say that NU beats Texas and Bama loses to Florida. Cincy gets to play #14 Pitt while TCU is idle. TCU will be passed in the computers without a doubt. (SoS) They will also probably lose some human votes on the "out of sight, out of mind" factor if Cincy wins big. (See Texas, ou, Big 12 tie breaker, 2008) So you also have to hope that Cincy loses.

But wait...Bama would have lost to the #1 team in the country. How much do you think the computers will punish them for this? After #5 Texas beat #1 ou last year, ou was still ranked #3 in the computers. Is TCU's resume impressive enough to vault them above a 1-loss Bama that ran the SEC gauntlet? Especially if Bama's loss to Florida is close? This would be #2 losing to #1, not an "upset".

We haven't even touched on what would happen if Bama beat Florida yet...

Appreciate your BCS bowl and be thankful for it. Let the big boys finish this one out. It's not me being hateful, it's being realistic.

It could happen: http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/1045194...world,-unless-..

Cincinnati is already ranked #3 by the computers. Texas is #4 TCU is #5

I hate to say it frogs, but if Texas loses, Cincinnati is going to play the SEC winner. They are in an AQ conference.

If Nebraska beats Texas and Cincinnati beats Pitt, it's going to be extremely close between Cincinnati and TCU in the final standings. Right now it looks likely that the boost Cinci would get in the computers would be enough to edge out TCU. I would prefer to see TCU since I think they are the better team, but they might not make it in.

If Nebraska beats Texas and Cincinnati beats Pitt, it's going to be extremely close between Cincinnati and TCU in the final standings. Right now it looks likely that the boost Cinci would get in the computers would be enough to edge out TCU. I would prefer to see TCU since I think they are the better team, but they might not make it in.

Yeah, I agree, I'm not sure they will either. I was hoping the human polls would be enough to do it. Sadly, they may not be.