TCU SUPPORTS NEBRASKA

TCUBridges

TCU fans are funny.

Let's say that NU beats Texas and Bama loses to Florida. Cincy gets to play #14 Pitt while TCU is idle. TCU will be passed in the computers without a doubt. (SoS) They will also probably lose some human votes on the "out of sight, out of mind" factor if Cincy wins big. (See Texas, ou, Big 12 tie breaker, 2008) So you also have to hope that Cincy loses.

But wait...Bama would have lost to the #1 team in the country. How much do you think the computers will punish them for this? After #5 Texas beat #1 ou last year, ou was still ranked #3 in the computers. Is TCU's resume impressive enough to vault them above a 1-loss Bama that ran the SEC gauntlet? Especially if Bama's loss to Florida is close? This would be #2 losing to #1, not an "upset".

We haven't even touched on what would happen if Bama beat Florida yet...

Appreciate your BCS bowl and be thankful for it. Let the big boys finish this one out. It's not me being hateful, it's being realistic.

It could happen: http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/1045194...world,-unless-..

Agreed, I have been syaing this for a few days now. More likely then not the SEC title game will be a slugfest between two very good teams. Especially if Alabama beats Florida in a close game I think Florida only falls to #3 in the BCS which if coupled with a Texas loss would still put Florida back in the BCS title with a rematch against Alabama. I think TCU needs a Texas loss, the loser of the SEC title game to lose big and a Cincinattie loss to ensure a BCS title appearance for TCU, and even then they will probably take Notre Dame ahead of TCU :sarcasm

I'll go on record right now saying it... No way there is a Florida/Alabama rematch in the national title game. No matter what the circumstances are, no way.

I think it is possible because of the point gap difference between #1 and #2 over #4 and so forth. If the SEC Title game is tight as hell I think it is very possible that the computers could still create the rematch something that supposedly humans cannot overcome.

If the NCG was a sec rematch the whole US would be a national uprising....no way will this happen. . . texas fans are f'ing ignorant dont listen to them tcu fans, go frogs. Im pullin for ya'll if we win it.

Texas fans are no more arrogant then any other prominent college football fanbase.....

I'll go on record right now saying it... No way there is a Florida/Alabama rematch in the national title game. No matter what the circumstances are, no way.

I think it is possible because of the point gap difference between #1 and #2 over #4 and so forth. If the SEC Title game is tight as hell I think it is very possible that the computers could still create the rematch something that supposedly humans cannot overcome.

The humans can easily overcome by simply voting down the loser farther than they normally would be. Fair? No, but then again, neither is a NC title rematch of the SEC championship game. And before you say it, yeah, they could easily vote them down far enough to manage it. It only takes a significant group thinking, "f#*k this, I'm not going to let them rematch in the title game...loser to #5" or whatever it would take.

It's possible, but if it looked likely I'm sure several human voters would gig the SEC loser enough to assure it didn't happen.

If it did happen, the howls of rage across the country would be deafening. No matter how arrogant the voters and/or bowl proponents are, they have to realize there's enough public sentiment in favor of a playoff that they need to avoid an SEC rematch scenario, if for no other reason than self-preservation. There has never been a bigger groundswell in support of a playoff than there is now.

Of course, as a supporter of a playoff, I most certainly am in favor of a FL/AL rematch in the event of a Husker Championship.

:snacks:

The humans can easily overcome by simply voting down the loser farther than they normally would be. Fair? No, but then again, neither is a NC title rematch of the SEC championship game. And before you say it, yeah, they could easily vote them down far enough to manage it. It only takes a significant group thinking, "f#*k this, I'm not going to let them rematch in the title game...loser to #5" or whatever it would take.

I agree with you that the human voters could keep it from happening but knowing the dry humping the sports media has for SEC football I am not sure anyone could rely on them to do it. I also do agree that Cincinatti will leapfrog TCU if they win te Big East.

i thought that after the 2003 ou/lsu/usc debacle that they finally put a rule in where you had to win a conference title to go to the national title game.

but i maybe off base with that because i don't remember hearing it, i might just want that to be the case.

It's possible, but if it looked likely I'm sure several human voters would gig the SEC loser enough to assure it didn't happen.

If it did happen, the howls of rage across the country would be deafening. No matter how arrogant the voters and/or bowl proponents are, they have to realize there's enough public sentiment in favor of a playoff that they need to avoid an SEC rematch scenario, if for no other reason than self-preservation. There has never been a bigger groundswell in support of a playoff than there is now.

Of course, as a supporter of a playoff, I most certainly am in favor of a FL/AL rematch in the event of a Husker Championship.

:snacks:

i totally agree with you and think that a rematch would be awesome just for the controversy (and who is to say that ‘Bama and UF would not be derserving of a rematch, at least under this system). my confusion is, why can’t there be a playoff system along with the bowls. Just have a playoff, and the rest of the bowl eligible teams (after the 8-16 playoff teams) could still play in the 20-30 bowls in existence now, leading up to the championship playoff…

i totally agree with you and think that a rematch would be awesome just for the controversy (and who is to say that ‘Bama and UF would not be derserving of a rematch, at least under this system). my confusion is, why can’t there be a playoff system along with the bowls. Just have a playoff, and the rest of the bowl eligible teams (after the 8-16 playoff teams) could still play in the 20-30 bowls in existence now, leading up to the championship playoff…

That just plain makes too much sense, that's why.

Of course, the top-tier teams would go to the playoff, diminishing the gravitas of the remaining bowl games. Or, if they had eight teams in the playoff and the Rose, Sugar, Fiesta and Orange bowls were the "first round," that would also diminish their impact (the belief goes) because they wouldn't decide anything - there would still be two layers of games after the big bowls.

To my way of thinking, that makes all four of the big bowls more watchable. At this point I don't give a hoot who Cincy plays, because their game is, no matter what, being played for fifth place. Or seventh. Whatever. But if I know that Cincy has a shot at moving on to the the next round, and possibly a National Championship, all four big bowls become must-see TV, because all eight teams playing have a shot.

That just plain makes too much sense, that's why.

Of course, the top-tier teams would go to the playoff, diminishing the gravitas of the remaining bowl games. Or, if they had eight teams in the playoff and the Rose, Sugar, Fiesta and Orange bowls were the "first round," that would also diminish their impact (the belief goes) because they wouldn't decide anything - there would still be two layers of games after the big bowls.

To my way of thinking, that makes all four of the big bowls more watchable. At this point I don't give a hoot who Cincy plays, because their game is, no matter what, being played for fifth place. Or seventh. Whatever. But if I know that Cincy has a shot at moving on to the the next round, and possibly a National Championship, all four big bowls become must-see TV, because all eight teams playing have a shot.

i understand what you are saying, but i still watch most bowls, and 90% of them (which is a kind estimate) are completely worthless... but still entertaining.