Dear Nebraska,

Zammers

Im gonna go ahead and throw this in here too. Oregon actually was not in the mix. It was Colorado that was third in the standing, which at the time were a "lower number is better" system with numbers like 1.23. Nebraska beat out Colorado by 0.02 if i recall correctly. TCU winning that game certaintly didnt hurt but numerous things happened to start an odd chain of events. First, Oklahoma St. upset Oklahoma the day after Nebraska lost to Colorado. The next week, Tennessee upset Florida, a game rescheduled due to a hurricane, that night Colorado knocked Texas out in the Big 12 title, then the week after, LSU beat Tennessee, thus turning the full circle to put Nebraska back at #2. However, Oregon did end up manhandling Colorado in the Fiesta Bowl, so after all maybe Oregon wouldve been the better choice. Either way, Miami was not losing that game. Not to mention, in the middle of all that, Crouch won the Heisman.

Im gonna go ahead and throw this in here too. Oregon actually was not in the mix. It was Colorado that was third in the standing, which at the time were a "lower number is better" system with numbers like 1.23. Nebraska beat out Colorado by 0.02 if i recall correctly. TCU winning that game certaintly didnt hurt but numerous things happened to start an odd chain of events. First, Oklahoma St. upset Oklahoma the day after Nebraska lost to Colorado. The next week, Tennessee upset Florida, a game rescheduled due to a hurricane, that night Colorado knocked Texas out in the Big 12 title, then the week after, LSU beat Tennessee, thus turning the full circle to put Nebraska back at #2. However, Oregon did end up manhandling Colorado in the Fiesta Bowl, so after all maybe Oregon wouldve been the better choice. Either way, Miami was not losing that game. Not to mention, in the middle of all that, Crouch won the Heisman.

i just remember the big controversy over the Ducks coach saying the situation was like a cancer... they may not have been in the mix, but they were making the argument that they should be in the mix.

Ah memories. That was so crazy. Watching Cu beat texass(poor mack should've been playing major....) then seeing LSU beat florida....then hearing all the whining and moaning from the 2 loss colorado team....then getting our butts handed too us by those cheating hurricanes....(yes cheating the way their reciever grabbed our cornerback at the snap by his collar and jerked him down to speed by him....even the announcers talked about it)....(they didn't need to cheat)....what was this thread about?

LSU beat Tennessee, not Florida, in the SEC Championship game.

Dear Nebraska,

On August 25, 2001 I made my way up to Lincoln for the TCU vs. Nebraska game. What a day that was. TCU put up a helluva fight in a losing effort (21-7). I also got to see Eric Crouch play which was an amazing experience. Little did the Nebraska faithful know at the time, but TCU held the key to the Huskers play in the 2001 National Championship. TCU beat Southern Miss on December 7, 2001 to boost Nebraska's strength of schedule and hop Oregon to play Miami in the national championship. A gift we were happy to give.

Almost 8 years to the day.........Nebraska can repay that debt owed to TCU. With a NU win on Saturday TCU has the chance (who knows what those BCS'ers have up their sleeve) to play in the national championship game. Funny how this game is being played right here in Arlington only 15 minutes from TCU. I guarantee purple shirts are traded in for RED ones this Saturday at the game.

Good luck this weekend and PUNCH THEM IN THE MOUTH!!!!! We got your back down here in DFW!

Give em Hell,

Zammers

Wait a minute; we're playing Southern Miss on Saturday? We should be able to beat them as long as Joe Dailey's not playing.

Seriously, do you think I should get paid for this blatant plagarism? Obviously someone over at ESPN took notice of my post.

Guess what I said was legit!

Nebraska's payback for TCU

Go Huskers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We believe in ya!

Funny you said that, because I read that article earlier today and thought, hmmm I wonder if this is the same guy who posted this on HuskerBoard the other day?

I'll give you the credit though. Nice observation.