Strength of Schedule

Zaimejs

I just checked Texas' schedule and they've basically played no one of merit. We beat OU by a larger margin than they did. OU exposed Oklahoma State for the fluke that they are. The only one they can point to is Texas Tech, and yes, we sucked it up that game, but I think we're a much better team now than we were then.

I think we'll be fine on Saturday. Just can't play scared.

Expose McCoy! :koolaid2:

I just checked Texas' schedule and they've basically played no one of merit. We beat OU by a larger margin than they did. OU exposed Oklahoma State for the fluke that they are. The only one they can point to is Texas Tech, and yes, we sucked it up that game, but I think we're a much better team now than we were then.

As a former athlete, what happened earlier in a season has no merit on the present. That's how I was taught. It could be argued that the UT team that played OU earlier this year isn't the same team we'll be facing on Saturday night. If you want to throw an excuse on UT's behalf, then they'll say Colt McCoy was sick that day with an upper respiratory infection, which he did confirm this week during the Big XII teleconference.

Bottom line is this, UT & NU are going into this game 0-0 in post-season play. What happened earlier in the season no longer matters. All media hype aside, I expect both teams to bring their "A" game. The winner will be the team who wants it the most.

YEAH!! Especially when compared to the tough schedule that Nebraska has played....Wait....what do you mean Nebraskas SOS is way worse than Texas's....oh.....really?!....okay, never mind.

YEAH!! Especially when compared to the tough schedule that Nebraska has played....Wait....what do you mean Nebraskas SOS is way worse than Texas's....oh.....really?!....okay, never mind.

That win over Missouri didn't help us too much . . .

:snacks:

Sad thing is....its your best win ;)

I'd argue otherwise. Oklahoma (as depleted as they are) is still a better win.

That may be to me and you, but the computers and SOS say 8-4 MU is better than 7-5 OU

That may be to me and you, but the computers and SOS say 8-4 MU is better than 7-5 OU

But at least Oklahoma beat Baylor :cop: .

But at least Oklahoma beat Baylor :cop: .

True, but we helped you also because we can beat ISU at home :snacks::thumbs

Which is interesting . . . to say the least. I don't know how MU's SOS can be so high.

Also . . . where is MU's quality win? (Illinois, Bowling Green, Furman, Nevada, CU, KSU, ISU, KU)

This is the problem... I brought this up to some of my students, and they said the same thing "what about Nebraska's schedule." And because I teach debate, I had to point out that my statement has nothing to do with Nebraska's SOS. I was just making the point that Texas hasn't really proven much with their wins. It was a glimmer of hope. Can't you people just let me have my hope?

Who says Missouri's SOS is higher than OU's? Sagarin has OU's at 30 and MU's at 46 (Nebraska's is 62). Sadly, we don't get to play us so we don't get that bump.

Sagarin also has OU ranked ahead of Nebraska (23rd vs our 25th), so take that for what it's worth...

I dont think anyone said anything about either MU or OU's SOS. I was just teasing Zaimejs about NE's SOS with his post on Texas's SOS.

Then me and Carl razed eachother a little :lol:

This is the problem... I brought this up to some of my students, and they said the same thing "what about Nebraska's schedule." And because I teach debate, I had to point out that my statement has nothing to do with Nebraska's SOS. I was just making the point that Texas hasn't really proven much with their wins. It was a glimmer of hope. Can't you people just let me have my hope?

Of course you can have hope, hope is what keeps us all comming back for more. Now with that said Mr. Debate teacher :) Texas has proved much with their wins, they have proved that they can beat everyone that they have played so far.