Notre Dame / Bob Stoops

If true, this would not surprise me. He is undeservedly under fire for what has happened this season. He is still relevant in the world of college football, why not grab the brass ring and see how it works out. The worst that can happen is that he leave there filthy rich. He gets a few years with some of the "top talent" in the country. If he fails he'll never have to work again.

In the future, ND will be the last stop on a coaching career...this way he can build up a nice nest egg for retirement.

it will be interesting how this one plays out. Stoops will be loaded at OU next year. I would think they are preseason 1-2-3. I dont think he would want to leave that. ND needs to make a big splash with a major hire. i look for one of the whores to go (saban,meyer, kelly, the usual suspects). Otherwise, i am told harbaugh. But ND did the Stanford thing with Ty Willingham. ND is a great job to have. TV every week, first class education for recruits, great donors, and touch down Jesus. They will be back on top in a couple of years with their next hire.

it will be interesting how this one plays out. Stoops will be loaded at OU next year. I would think they are preseason 1-2-3. I dont think he would want to leave that. ND needs to make a big splash with a major hire. i look for one of the whores to go (saban,meyer, kelly, the usual suspects). Otherwise, i am told harbaugh. But ND did the Stanford thing with Ty Willingham. ND is a great job to have. TV every week, first class education for recruits, great donors, and touch down Jesus. They will be back on top in a couple of years with their next hire.

forgot to add, i still like Peterson from Boise. I just think the guy can flat out coach. maybe he goes to Stanford after JH accpets ND..

Can you explain to me how you think OU will be loaded next year? They lose Bradford, Greshem, Brian Jackson, Ryan Reynolds, Keenan Clayton, English, probably Murray and Brown, Tennel, Trent Williams, and maybe Beal. That is their starting heisman winning qb, two all big 12 rb's, the best TE in the nation, two of their best LB's, one of their best db's, a two or three year starter at DE and by far their best o lineman. I know Jones got a lot of pt this year but I don't think he's proven to be in the same league as Bradford. They may have a ton of talent, but it's very young inexperienced talent.

I am watching the Pitt/Cincinatti game and I know Brian Kelly is rumored for the Notre Dame job but I listened to the ND AD and he seemed adamant about defensive minded coaches and this game today is anything but defense...lol

I've read that too. Which is why this Stoops rumor may have some truth to it since he's a defensive guru.