At least everyone got to see Tebow cry on national TV.

Hmmm... I am just curious guys, and I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever, but why is there so much contempt for Tebow? The guy cried after a hard fought game... It happens. Heck, I cried after my last high school basketball game during my senior year. Sports are emotional at times.

He was 100% gracious in defeat, congratulating Alabama and praising them, and wishing them luck in the National Title game...

Tebow does not have a big mouth, he plays hard, seems respectful and stands firm for his beliefs. So my question is, why do so many people rejoice in his defeat or make fun of him for showing emotion?

Honestly just curious and again, no disrespect intended.

I think that you'd find most people have very little in the way of an issue with Tim Tebow the man or even just Tim Tebow the football player. What most people tend to take issue with is the media circus that has surrounded him and constantly, consistently, day and day out, every day of the week and twice on Sundays with chocolate syrup and a cherry on top... shoved him down everyone's throat as some sort of football god for the last few years...Tim Tebow the 2nd Coming of Christ (Quarterback Edition) is loathed by most people because they are just sick of hearing about how wonderful he is.

He's a good college player (if not one of the best ever, at least among the most successful) and I wish him much success in the NFL. That said I'll be glad to one day soon go 24 hours without hearing the lovefest regarding him or the Florida Gators.

if he's the second coming of chirst i need to get busy burying him then. it is my sworn goal to bury christ like his followers did my gods.

I get that, I really do. I am a Husker fan but living in Washington, I am also a Washington Huskies fan. I believe Jake Locker is a more talented football player than Tebow but Locker has not had the luxury of having massive amounts of talent surrounding him year in and year out. Locker does get praise NOW, but before he was a no-name QB on a horrendous team.

I can understand getting tired of hearing Tebow's name, but really, some people just seem to hate the guy and they want nothing more than to see him fail. Also the religious jabs they take at him are utterly classless (I don't see that here).

I haven't heard/seen the religious jabs, but I agree with you - classless. As to why some people might actually hate Tebow, I suppose there's probably some psychobabble reason that would explain it, but some people are just that way...it's sad really.

I think a lot of his success comes from the players that have surrounded him. He's still a great competitor and a great leader, but I think he's an average QB with above average athleticism and size. He had probably one of the greatest statistical years by a QB, but these past two years his media coverage has been too far off the charts. Bradford and McCoy had better years than him last year, and now that he doesn't have his deep threat WR or Harvin this year, his productivity has dropped even more.

Good leader, Great Guy (probably) but I think it goes too far to throw him into the discussion for the greatest college football player ever. He's definitely top 20, but he's no where near top 5.

Really I find him crying understandable because of the disappointment he probably felt. I remember during both my Junior and Senior years of High School I cried after our last games. My Junior Year was because it was the last time I'd see my brother play organized ball (been watching him since I was in like 1st grade) and then Senior Year because it'd probably be the last time I'd be involved with a football team (couldn't play because of heart problems). It sucks that he's getting ripped by people for it because it's a slap in the face for all those people who probably felt the same way he did after the game.

if he's the second coming of chirst i need to get busy burying him then. it is my sworn goal to bury christ like his followers did my gods.

Well good luck with that....you do know that he'll just pop right back up again after a long weekend right? ;)

i'll tie him to a rock and have a snake drip venom on him for all eternity.

We will never have to hear about Tebow being god after today because he will be terrible in the NFL.

I know the media slobbers all over him, but he's seems like a very decent and humble kid. He's very religious and donates a lot of his time to charity. I can't wait for him and Florida to go away, but I won't bad mouth him.

We will never have to hear about Tebow being god after today because he will be terrible in the NFL.

I know the media slobbers all over him, but he's seems like a very decent and humble kid. He's very religious and donates a lot of his time to charity. I can't wait for him and Florida to go away, but I won't bad mouth him.

He could be a great kid... but to me it seems like nothing more than a media ploy and act! He doesn't seem in the least bit sincere. The act is getting old and the yelling is downright absurd! I feel the same way about Colt! They both look like asses that act like such amazing people. I say it's about time they received the right awards which are far from a Heisman and more like an Emmy/Oscar!

Tebow's a fine player. Absolutely nothing wrong with showing his emotion and passion for the game. People are just looking for someone to knock down, because god forbid we like everybody. When Tebow's gone it'll be someone else the media loves. The irony is we all complain when the media doesn't love us. As if we want to be in that position.

We might get a taste of this with the media scrutiny/fawnfest that will descend upon Ndamukong Suh after the season.

He could be a great kid... but to me it seems like nothing more than a media ploy and act! He doesn't seem in the least bit sincere. The act is getting old and the yelling is downright absurd! I feel the same way about Colt! They both look like asses that act like such amazing people. I say it's about time they received the right awards which are far from a Heisman and more like an Emmy/Oscar!

And if an outsider said this about Suh without knowing who he really is......just sayin. <_<

Absolutely nothing wrong with showing his emotion and passion for the game.

The key word in the above is "GAME". Here we have a grown man crying over a made up game played with an funny shaped ball, because he lost. That is horribly venal and shallow.

Compare that to another 20 year old (from Columbus) I know who was upset last week because he spent five days climbing rocks and wading rivers in Afghanistan looking for the bodies of two fellow paratroopers who drowned trying to pull air dropped supplies out of the river. He had to give up when he got frostbitten hands because he had wore his gloves into soggy tatters.

One young man prays to find a body to send home to a grieving family, one prays for a 46 yard field goal to win a meaningless game. Interesting contrast of two parallel realities, don't you think?

• 1 month later...

I cried after my last game because I had given it my all, because I had put SO much time into the sport I love, Because I had let my coach down. I can relate to him and I do not see any dishonor in his tears. In all actuality anyone who played can relate.

I can relate too but i didn't cry. I could atleast understand if it was a close game but it wasn't close.

Well, how manly of you. :dunno

What is it about Tebow that people like to see failure for him? It's really hard to understand.