Stop whining about the :01 second

epocSoN

There is no disputing it? Is that a joke. The rule is very clear. Why is it sad to look at a rulebook? Of course the officials knew the rulebook; they obviously didn't follow it.

Limitations on Reviewable Plays

ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable.

However, the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those

involving the game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c and d, 12-3-4-b and 12-3-5-a).

Your wrong again, and you KNOW that there was one second left anyway. Stop focusing on the wrong reasons we lost.

I'm disputing it due to the fact that the ref whistled the play over w/ zero seconds left on the clock. There was no reason to review the play for any reason! And if it were at any other point in the game - say the end of second quarter - that one second would not have been applied to the clock!

This isn't the first time this has happened. I've seen it before. It happened in the Notre Dame-SC game this year, the clock went to 0:00 than the replay officials reviewed it and 1 second was put back on the clock and ND ran another play from the 4 yard line. Frustrating yes, groundbreaking no.

There is no disputing it? Is that a joke. The rule is very clear. Why is it sad to look at a rulebook? Of course the officials knew the rulebook; they obviously didn't follow it.

involving the game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c and d, 12-3-4-b and 12-3-5-a).

Your wrong again, and you KNOW that there was one second left anyway. Stop focusing on the wrong reasons we lost.

I'm disputing it due to the fact that the ref whistled the play over w/ zero seconds left on the clock. There was no reason to review the play for any reason! And if it were at any other point in the game - say the end of second quarter - that one second would not have been applied to the clock!

This isn't the first time this has happened. I've seen it before. It happened in the Notre Dame-SC game this year, the clock went to 0:00 than the replay officials reviewed it and 1 second was put back on the clock and ND ran another play from the 4 yard line. Frustrating yes, groundbreaking no.

Well given the fact that officials all over college football have been calling bad calls doesn't surprise me. Atleast the SEC took action when it happened two weeks in a row and suspended them.

Well given the fact that officials all over college football have been calling bad calls doesn't surprise me. Atleast the SEC took action when it happened two weeks in a row and suspended them.

Well, the one second given to Notre Dame didn't give them a win - although that doesn't make it right. Otherwise there would have been a major outcry from USC fans! But officials can't pick and choose when they are going to review a play and add time to the clock. It can't be done just to help the other team win! If it wouldn't be added in the first quarter, then you can't do it when the clock says 0.0! And that is why I will continue to dispute that ridiculous call!

Well, the one second given to Notre Dame didn't give them a win - although that doesn't make it right. Otherwise there would have been a major outcry from USC fans! But officials can't pick and choose when they are going to review a play and add time to the clock. It can't be done just to help the other team win! If it wouldn't be added in the first quarter, then you can't do it when the clock says 0.0! And that is why I will continue to dispute that ridiculous call!

I completely understand your frustration, but to be honest the clock review was far less frustrating to me than Watson's play calling, Watson's lack of creativity, Watson's predictability, Adi's kicking the ball out of bounds, Asante's horse collar, Niles not being able to catch the football and Musburger and Herbstreit not mentioning Suh as a Heisman contender.

I completely understand your frustration, but to be honest the clock review was far less frustrating to me than Watson's play calling, Watson's lack of creativity, Watson's predictability, Adi's kicking the ball out of bounds, Asante's horse collar, Niles not being able to catch the football and Musburger and Herbstreit not mentioning Suh as a Heisman contender.

Oh, I totally agree. We had nothing to lose so I didn't think Watson would be as conservative with his play calling. I thought he would get more creative given that fact. But the play calling was terrible. We should have went for a first down in the last minute and a half instead of calling a ridiculous running play that gained no yards and then kicked a field goal. That would have given us a whole new set of downs to burn the clock, possibly get six points instead of three, and would have given Texas virtually no time. Then the kick out of bounds and the horse collar could be irrelevant. The PI calls are frustrating too especially considering one of the passes wasn't intended for anyone! But, obviously, the one second added to the clock really burns my butt!

Com'on

we lost this game because we couln't score from 1-10 from our own 10

but then who woulda put us in this position

we out playd then-but come up short. all the post game interviews were a joke.

the 1 second left thing, etc,,,,it was not the reason we lost..you have many opportunites to win, we just did not have an offense to put points on the boards,,,,if nu would have won this game, it was the defense,s game....i felt so sorry for the blackshirts, ,,,,they played like champions today.....nu played about as good on defense today than what i have seen in many years.....

Oh, I totally agree. We had nothing to lose so I didn't think Watson would be as conservative with his play calling. I thought he would get more creative given that fact. But the play calling was terrible. We should have went for a first down in the last minute and a half instead of calling a ridiculous running play that gained no yards and then kicked a field goal. That would have given us a whole new set of downs to burn the clock, possibly get six points instead of three, and would have given Texas virtually no time. Then the kick out of bounds and the horse collar could be irrelevant. The PI calls are frustrating too especially considering one of the passes wasn't intended for anyone! But, obviously, the one second added to the clock really burns my butt!

Yeah, I forgot to mention the PI's on uncatchable balls and why is it every time Hagg is defending a pass I always find myself screaming "TURN AROUND"!