***Friday News Links***

HERIAN UPDATE: Nebraska senior tight end Matt Herian didn't practice Thursday and will remain sidelined indefinitely. "I'm hopeful he'll be back with us, and if he's not, it'll be in the best interest of Matt Herian," Callahan said. "He'll make that decision. It is a day-to-day thing, and some days look more hopeful than others." Herian, rehabilitating a broken leg suffered last October, was on hand for Thursday's practice, which was good to see, Callahan said. "It's good for his confidence and morale to be around the team and continue to learn the offense," the coach said.

I don't know if it's just the excitement of all the new guys but I can't believe nobody is talking about this. Hopefully he can get healthy for next year. One of those other TE's better step up because these are big shoes to fill.

Nebraska has its new artificial turf in place at Memorial Stadium. And the Huskers have a new policy about walking on it.

Save for special occasions, like Fan Day on Aug. 20 and the annual drug-free pledge at the spring game, visitors will be prohibited from setting foot on the field. Associate Athletic Director Boyd Epley said he hopes fans will understand the rule was created for liability reasons.

"We get a nice field, but no one is allowed on it? It replaces the fan-friendly feel with a business feel. They don't see unhappy fans, they just see dollar signs.

"For all the money they spend on the turf, you would think it could withstand a few kids running around on it after the game."

This is kinda crappy.

hey nameless thanks for the stories. hey could you maybe make one post with only husker news stuff and another with other sports stories?? that would rock.

"We put those guys behind us, and the program's better without them," Bradley said of some Huskers who left the team after last season. "They were obviously just cancer and were going to bring the team down, so we're glad everyone we have with us now is positive."

This speaks volumes about the character of some of the jokers from last year. I love that Bradley isn't affraid to speak his mind. Maybe he will step up and be one of the leaders we need.

Nebraska has its new artificial turf in place at Memorial Stadium. And the Huskers have a new policy about walking on it.

Save for special occasions, like Fan Day on Aug. 20 and the annual drug-free pledge at the spring game, visitors will be prohibited from setting foot on the field. Associate Athletic Director Boyd Epley said he hopes fans will understand the rule was created for liability reasons.

"We get a nice field, but no one is allowed on it? It replaces the fan-friendly feel with a business feel. They don't see unhappy fans, they just see dollar signs.

"For all the money they spend on the turf, you would think it could withstand a few kids running around on it after the game."

This is kinda crappy.

I think most major schools are like this. I see nothing wrong with. I know I might get flamed for this, but so what if people can't toss a football around on the field after the game. I could just see(in this day and age) some kid getting hurt and his family going after the University for $.

This is kinda crappy.

hey nameless thanks for the stories. hey could you maybe make one post with only husker news stuff and another with other sports stories?? that would rock.

Yeah i can do that

It is nice that some on the team have made the statement that the cancer is gone. My belief is that there still is one cell left. I hope it has been cured and itseems to be saying all the right things. I hope there isn't a change in thought. Pelini poisoned this team last year. Hopefully we will see a real team this year, and I do not mean by wins or losses, just a group of kids working as hard as they can to do the best that they can.