The Hard Lessons

Husker_x

Our offense is so outrageously pathetic even the Callahan apologist's are slowing stopping their support for SW.

The good news is, just think where NU will be when we get a "real" OC and an offense that is functional annually. By golly.....NU will be BACK!

You have to be joking. A "real" oc you realize all the success wats has had right? One bad season due to mostly youth everyone wants him gone. I'm far from a Callahan apologist but I can safely say that I have faith in wats you will see a much improved offense next year, and once again people will be fearing him taking a hc job else where

Our offense is so outrageously pathetic even the Callahan apologist's are slowing stopping their support for SW.

The good news is, just think where NU will be when we get a "real" OC and an offense that is functional annually. By golly.....NU will be BACK!

You have to be joking. A "real" oc you realize all the success wats has had right? One bad season due to mostly youth everyone wants him gone. I'm far from a Callahan apologist but I can safely say that I have faith in wats you will see a much improved offense next year, and once again people will be fearing him taking a hc job else where

i have to agree, and i would go as far as to say that we owe wats another year. it was a big deal when he stayed, and we were in dire need of some continuity. he offered Bo the foundation of a solid offense during Bo's first year, not only that, it was just last year that it was our offense bailing out our defense. callahan was a bad head coach, but he knew how to coach an offense, as did wats, and we were grateful for wats staying when he could have just as easily left. now to want to through him under a bus is unfair. he deserves better than that for helping Bo's transition to head coach and relieving some of Bo's first year stresses. i think this year was a fluke for the offense and they will make strides into the next season.

I do not think Watson needs to go, but I do think Bo needs to lay out a vision and tell Watson to get on board and if he can not he then needs to go.

The defense is where it needs to be and I think it will be for years to come. If the offense can be decent not great but decent there will be a lot of wins next year.

Just wondering what you think of this:

From Omaha.com

Since 2000, Watson has been an offensive coordinator nine seasons in the Big 12.

At Colorado (2000 to ’05), and at Nebraska (2007 to ’09).

His standing in the Big 12 offensive rankings:

• year: total offense, scoring offense

• ’00: 8th, 10th

• ’01: 2nd, 4th

• ’02: 9th, 9th

• ’03: 9th, 8th

• ’04: 9th, 9th

• ’05: 8th, 9th

• ’07: 5th, 8th

• ’08: 6th, 6th

• ’09: 11th, 8th

and...

Against three top-20 foes in 2009, Nebraska’s offense scored one total touchdown — on a 1-yard drive on Oklahoma set up by an interception.

I really have no idea whether Watson needs to leave. I tend to think the numbers speak for themselves. That said, I trust the people that are in the position to make these decisions. So, we'll just have to see what happens.

GO BIG RED.

A bad season and a half, to be exact. And where is the youth you speak of? Alot of these players have been in the system for a while now, including Zac Lee who has been here since January 2007.

And Karawithasmile has a very good point. What do you think about Watson's offensive stats in the Big 12?

I wanted to come on here and give you my $0.02 worth...

First of all, truth-in-disclosure, I am a Longhorn fan.. I'm sure its safe to say that I'm probably not wanted over here..

HOWEVER...

Heisman should go to Suh... First and foremost, he's a beast.. Whatever NFL team gets him, I hope it's not Oakland or Washington... I'd like to be able to cheer for whatever team he's on.. He is, in my eyes, the #1 football player this year... If he doesn't go #1 (a la Mario Williams), then this world is completely messed up.

Second .. I think it's safe to say the famed Blackshirts are back too.. Watching Suh pick up Colt McCoy and fling him 5 yards for a sack was, simply, jaw-dropping.. Watching the defense handle Texas' offensive line was certainly nerve-wracking for me to watch..

Third, I can empathize with how you feel... I remember our game against Texas Tech where we lost it in the last 0.01 of the game.. Michael Crabtree's eluding 2 defenders and scampering to the endzone is something that still haunts me @ night...

Fourth, I hope you steamroll Arizona in the Holiday Bowl... I've always found myself cheering for Nebraska, not just because of your storied history, but because of the classiness of the fans that embody NU football.

Good luck, and Go Huskers.

mG