Rankings in Offensive Production Nationally

After the Texas game, we are now ranked 102nd in the country in Total Offense, 101st in Passing Offense, 68th in Rushing Offense, and 80th in Scoring Offense.

This is a total disgrace. Bo and Osborne need to sit down and take a hard look at what is going on, and decide if it is coaching, or player personnel, and take what ever steps need to be taken to resolve it.

I have a feeling it is a combination, so do you replace Watson or any other coaches? What do you do to boost the recruiting on offense? Obviously there is nothing with the current staff and players that is working.

They have defensive players lining up to come to Nebraska, but something has to be done to start getting some of the best on the offensive side of the ball wanting to come to Nebraska. Will that possibly take a coaching change? Or just a change in emphasis when it comes to recruiting? Is it too late this year to go out looking for those players already?

If we would have had the offense of any other Husker team from 1970 to 2008 replacing this one, we may have been undefeated this year, with the defense that we have. We should have won that game against Texas, the offense produced absolutely zip. This is the sorriest offense that I have ever witnessed in my 49 years as a Husker fan, and I hope that it will never be surpassed on the scale of sorry-ness.

I think we'll be better next year by quite a bit. We have tons of true/redshirt freshman and sophomores on offense. The offseason will do wonders.

Cy the Cyclone would disagree with you...... :box

I don't know what you've been smoking to think this pathetic offense is going to be "fine" in 2010 but pass some of it over this way...

Somebody mentioned how great it would be returning 10 of 11 starters on offense but they didn't mention this was from a unit that managed only 7 passing and 8 rushing touchdowns against Big 12 opponents. That's laughable....

The Huskers will probably dominate the North next year because they have one thing that no other team in the North has...defense. That combined with a favorable schedule should be enough to put them on top of the North. It sure won't be the offense because at this point, the Huskers have two guys that I would take if I could get them...McNeil and Henerey. That's it.

At QB, it'll be a battle between Lee and Green. Lee is too short and, lets face it, not a great leader. Green didn't show me much of anything other than the fact that he can run better than Lee...he still can't pass the ball. Spano should be the winner of this battle be default.

The running game could be the strong point of the offense if Helu can stay healthy...Burkhead is a plugger but without a lot of breakaway speed but if he can hang onto the ball, he's an asset. Depth is good but I would have liked to see more of Mendoza this year. Even with injuries, Pelini didn't get as many players in for a look than I would have liked to see.

The receivers are a disaster...no separation...horrible route running...miserable hands. Kinnie has a chance to be good but other than that...you better count on throwing the ball to McNeil and some backs. And if they don't throw that crappy flanker screen out of the playbook immediately, somebody should be shot.

The O-Line provided the most inconsistent play I have ever seen out of a Husker team. They are slow, have lousy technique and play way too high. Hickman does well but he'll be gone next year. Henry is great on one play and gets beat on the next...if this unit isn't upgraded immediately then you can count on seeing a lot more of what you see this year.

The best thing that can happen to this offense is if someone offers Watson a coaching job somewhere else and he takes it and if Dan McCarney takes over as HC at Kansas and asks Cotton to be his OC...THAT would upgrade this offense immediately.

I really don't give a sh#t what Cy the Cyclone says. He makes outlandish predictions trying to get a laugh and happens to be right once in awhile. This offense will be fine next year, not like they're going to get any worse. We have young guys who will develop and, just like this year, our defense will keep us in the game.

That's what I was hoping you'd say. :thumbs

We sure can't get any worse on offense so it only makes sense there'd be at least some improvement. Anyway, I don't know what I'm looking foward to more, revenge against Texas or whooping Iowa State back down to the embarassment of the Big 12 North where they belong :nanalama

Go BIG RED. :bonez

I really don't give a sh#t what Cy the Cyclone says. He makes outlandish predictions trying to get a laugh and happens to be right once in awhile. This offense will be fine next year, not like they're going to get any worse. We have young guys who will develop and, just like this year, our defense will keep us in the game.

We sure can't get any worse on offense so it only makes sense there'd be at least some improvement. Anyway, I don't know what I'm looking foward to more, revenge against Texas or whooping Iowa State back down to the embarassment of the Big 12 North where they belong :nanalama

You better go with that Texas thing because the days of whooping the Cyclones back down to embarassment are over... <_<

do you really want Joe Dailey and the 2004 offense?

or the 2005 offense prior to the colorado game?

It was better than this pathetic offense...at least you thought you might get lucky with them, with this offense, you know you better get a good day from the defense and special teams, because there is no way this offense is leaving the confines of the locker room mentally.

do you really want Joe Dailey and the 2004 offense?

or the 2005 offense prior to the colorado game?

It was better than this pathetic offense...at least you thought you might get lucky with them, with this offense, you know you better get a good day from the defense and special teams, because there is no way this offense is leaving the confines of the locker room mentally.

If you want something really pathetic, imagine what our ranking would be if we only counted our conference competition in the stats. Take out the sunbelt blowouts and we're probably dead last in all offensive categories. I'm going to second you by saying that I haven't personally seen a Husker offense this inept in my lifetime--and I've watched the Huskers all the way back to the later Devaney years. Second place isn't even close to this unit....NOT EVEN CLOSE!! Good lord.....wtf are people watching to even glisten any HOPE with this group???? Are they on a friggin' constant kool-aid IV drip??? Maybe a post Callahan-induced fog??? :dunno Just like Pelini had to clean up after Cosgrove, this requires a total disassembly right down to the foundation. As Pelini had to start off by teaching how to tackle, we're going to have to do the same thing on offense. Put down the gd kool-aid; buy some of those f'ing pitching machines; get some good offensive coaches; and start the heck over from square one.

You better go with that Texas thing because the days of whooping the Cyclones back down to embarassment are over... <_<

Mmmmhmm. Unless we hand you eight turnovers, five inside our own 10 yard line, I'm not concerned. :corndance

If we do that again, then :ohnoes